• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Back in San Antonio with a new X!

Kiernan

Reaction score
Visit site
I was overseas in Japan with a 2012 NC700S. I couldn't bring my S back with me to the States, so yesterday I went and did the initial paperwork on a 2016 X. I should have it in the next day or so.

While the X isn't my preferred style of bike, I loved riding my S and would rather stick with something I'm comfortable with for the time being - especially since I learned to ride in Japan and have never ridden in the States, yet.

If anyone on here is in north San Antonio or the hill country and wants to get together for a ride sometime, fell free to hit me up! I look forward to learning all about my new X.

The Hill country on an X, lovely, look for Jacobs well near Wimberly, awesome little place. Downtown San Anton is some of the best Mex/Texmex on the planet.

We have a group ride every weekend in Brenham area. Most of the riders in the group are sport bikes and they do a lot of twisties along the route. If you have time, come by!

I miss that area. My mother lived in Hunt for ten years and I really liked the people and scenery there.

If my wife ever retires we might move down there.

When I watch those Texas Ranger games the HEB ads drive my wife crazy. We do not have a good grocery store close.

I'm just south of Bulverde and enjoy the hill country occasionally. My riding tends to be less planned and more spontaneous though. But i would love to see your new 2016 X with that fancy dashboard. Mine is a 2014 boring monochrome display.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm just south of Bulverde and enjoy the hill country occasionally. My riding tends to be less planned and more spontaneous though. But i would love to see your new 2016 X with that fancy dashboard. Mine is a 2014 boring monochrome display.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There was a 2015 in the showroom and it had the same LCD display that my 2012 S had. I'm assuming that both models used the same pod through 2015, so it will be new for me, too.

My 2012's pod filled up with water, so I'm intimately familiar with that display, having taken it apart, dried it, and put it back together. Good times.

We have a group ride every weekend in Brenham area. Most of the riders in the group are sport bikes and they do a lot of twisties along the route. If you have time, come by!

That would be about a 3 hr ride for me, and a lot of highways that I'm trying to avoid. Thanks for the info, though!

Back