• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bank sensor

wolfswater

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi.2019 bike. so dct not working. Goes into second gear then eml comes on . Can select neutral when I stop.. the dash is displaying code 54. Bank sensor.. diagnostic code reader says turbine input speed sensor.. b.... I've swapped both sensors on top of gear box.. still comes up sensor b. I've also removed bank angle sensor.. ohms reading of about 580. Stays the same on side till I flick it then it cuts in.. I think it's working but not sure what ohms reading should be and also wondering if the presumed fault on bank sensor will cause other reading on code reader.. cheers

...Can select neutral when I stop.. the dash is displaying code 54. Bank sensor.. diagnostic code reader says turbine input speed sensor.. ... wondering if the presumed fault on bank sensor will cause other reading on code reader.. cheers
I've read it a couple of times now and I'm still scratching my head because I don't know what it's about.
The bank angle sensor cannot have anything to do with the functioning of the DCT. So this interpretation of the DTC is incorrect.
The 2015 Service Manual lists DTC ("-" blinks) 54 for DCT as - "Outer mainshaft sensor speed low"

Capture.JPG

Thanks for thàt.. and that makes more sense than bank angle sensor for sure. But all the code lists I've read list 54 as bank angle sensor. Forgetting the bank angle sensor I've swapped over the 2 speed sensors on top of gearbox and no difference. Wonder if there's a fault in wiring

"Is Mil engine management light connected to dct?"
This question is from your other post. I would advise moving this question here as these issues are closely related.
I speak for myself. For 2015 and earlier, Service Manuals for NC/CTX700 (because I haven't seen any others) DTC readout for MIL, DCT and ABS are separate.
How do you know the DTC is 54? Previously you stated: "the dash is displaying code 54". To me, this may mean that the gear indicator ("-") is blinking and this can be interpreted as DTC 54 for DCT. If the MIL blinks DTC 54, there is indeed a problem with the bank angle sensor.

Ok..thanks... I didnt realize that the Mil and gear indicator and abs all blinked code.. it is infact the gear indicator that is blinking 54 so I defer to what you said, input shaft.. The bike is running a 170 rear tyre instead of 160.. it has been fine for last 4000 miles.. with zero issues but wonder if the different size could affect it..?

... it has been fine for last 4000 miles.. with zero issues but wonder if the different size could affect it..?
This is your answer.
Can you tell how you know this is DTC 54? Did you read the code according to the Service Manual?

Yes.. gear indicator.. 5 long blinks 4 short blinks
I am not able to say how the DTC diagnostics have changed with the new NC models. I can show you how it was according to the Service Manual for 2012 NC700 and 2015 CTX700. But these instructions are still available online.

Further update.. changed rear tyre to correct size..160/60/17.. hey presto..dct worked.. for about 5 mins anyway.. same code coming up.. however I've noticed if I pull away holding rear brake it does seem to change gear most times and not go into limp mode.. .. has me thinking is it something to do with chain .. there is a little wear but not much.. really scratching my head

... really scratching my head
I don't understand why? Your bike's diagnostic system is trying to tell you what might be wrong. As I mentioned earlier, if you don't have a service manual for your bike, you can try to rely on information from older years. They are still available online.
I think it's better than paying at least 100£ to the dealer gatekeeper up front.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG
Capture5.JPG

Back