• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Barkbuster Storm Handguards ?

Mandalorian

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody installed these? Wondering if they are really compatible with the NC700x (non DCT). I've searched the site but can't find any specific posts. Do they work well? Easy to install? Anything else? They're expensive from Twisted Throttle, $144. But sometimes you get what you pay for.
Getting cold here in western Mass.

Has anybody installed these? Wondering if they are really compatible with the NC700x (non DCT). I've searched the site but can't find any specific posts. Do they work well? Easy to install? Anything else? They're expensive from Twisted Throttle, $144. But sometimes you get what you pay for.
Getting cold here in western Mass.

You might want to check out this thread:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/4133-f-s-bark-buster-storm-hand-guards.html

p.s. I have them on my DCT and they fit it or the standard bike.

Last edited:
Hi there,,I have barkbuster storms fitted,,and they are ok ,,but as you say "expensive"....They do a pretty good job of keeping the weather off your hands...The guard itself fits on two points,,,the inner one is easy,just follow the instructions,,the outer is abit more involved..You are suppose to remove the om barweight,which is attached to the handlebar via a screw,well barkbuster includes in the pack another screw and threaded part to go inside the bar.The Barkbuster screw is much thicker (for added strength),the problem comes about in trying to remove the original threaded part in the bar...its abit tricky,,its held in by two clips and I have not been able to get at mine because of my heated grips,,So I have bought longer screws with the same thread as the original ones and secured,,but its not as strong as the barkbuster arrangement is.. But as a temporary measure it will do.. Question,,would I buy again,,Answer ,,No....I prefer the ones by Highland dirt bike,,they look so strong and neat,,all the best ps Where the hell do Mandalorians come from..

I am a real Star Wars weenie. Mandalorians come from the planet Mandalor. They are bounty hunters. Boba Fett was trained there. They're a bunch of bad asses. I'm living vicariously through the name.

I'm sure Barkbusters are excellent, but $144???

Trackside are a cheaper alternative.
They come in two flavors:
1) the $40 variety that are re-enforced and connect to the bar ends, and
2) the $30 variety that connect to the handlebar ONLY.

Here's a recent thread with photos of both kinds. I chose the cheapest as I don't go through brush, I just need shelter from the wind.
Here's how they look on my bike. (I don't work for any of these companies...I'm just sayin'.)
IMG_1151.jpg

I love my Barkbuster Storms. Yup, they're ridiculously expensive. I think worth it though, because the aluminum bar is rugged and I think could take quite a bit of force out of a drop. I learned on this forum that I could just go ahead and install them with the existing stock bolt already in the bar ends rather than use the Barkbuster weighted ends and new bolts that come with the Storms. There was no way I was going to risk messing up my expensive heated grips by trying to fold them back and remove the stock inner hardware. If you search the forums a lot of people have trouble extracting the original parts and need to use heat guns and special tools. That's for competent bike wrench type guys, not me.

Strat, do your Tracksides have vents in them? The product photo in your link shows vents, but it looks like on your bike there aren't. It seems like vents would defeat the purpose of wind deflectors.

FYI.......I have been hanging around here very interested in the Tracksides. I ordered the $45 brush guards and rec'd them but not installed yet (due to time constraints). They both have vents (I guess for summertime airflow). I think Strat was going to probably cover the vents with a good quality electrical tape.
These are what Strat has:
thumb.jpg

This is the other flavor i.e. Brush Guards or the slightly more expensive ones:
thumb (1).jpg

Last edited:
Strat, do your Tracksides have vents in them? The product photo in your link shows vents, but it looks like on your bike there aren't. It seems like vents would defeat the purpose of wind deflectors.

Yes, they have vents, but as Ron mentioned, I covered them for wind protection. Really works well too! I used to carry three pairs of gloves and change them as it got colder at night... I don't do that now.

these looks good and not a bad price either.

$T2eC16N,!w8FIdY7nyrrBSKu2r)dcg~~60_12.JPG

Black Hand Guards Protectors Set for Universal Motorcycle ATV BIKE MX | eBay

Back