• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best $5.00 Farkle Ever

weird harold

Reaction score
Visit site
I just completed the famous Showkey seat slope mod and what a difference. The mod transformed the seat from barely tolerable to very comfortable. I am now postponing plans for a custom seat while I see how this works out over a period of time. Everyone with a NC should try this mod. It adds very little to the total seat height and your butt will thank you for it.

Thanks to DennisM for suggesting the use of Rubber Chair Tips from Lowes. They fit perfectly and work great.

Rich

I also have rox risers and a MadStad windshield on this bike - great products! I think I'll do some lowered pegs and grip puppies and a cramp buster for these old arthritic hands.

Rich

I just completed the famous Showkey seat slope mod and what a difference. The mod transformed the seat from barely tolerable to very comfortable. I am now postponing plans for a custom seat while I see how this works out over a period of time. Everyone with a NC should try this mod. It adds very little to the total seat height and your butt will thank you for it.

Thanks to DennisM for suggesting the use of Rubber Chair Tips from Lowes. They fit perfectly and work great.

Rich

Photo? (several from different angles...if you have the time.)

I am considering doing the Mod tonight...can you please post some photos?

Also, did you have any trouble getting the tongue of the seat into the new bracket and the rear holes to mate properly? I had my seat off with the chair let rubber stopper over the existing rubber bumpers, and it looked like there was no way the rear holes would line up. Also, how much drilling did you do?

Thanks

Here are some photos of the seat slope mod:

There is a slight gap (maybe 3/4 inch) between the seat and the plastic. ...very little imcrease in seat height. The rear seat still locks and fits into place well.

DSC00562.jpg

The bracket was made from 1/16 x 11/4 aluminum (from Lowes) and attached with 1/4 x 20 x 3/4 bolts. The shank end of a 25/64 drill bit was used as a spacer while the bracket was clamped for drilling.

DSC00564.jpg

The rubber bumpers are chair ends (7/8 to 1 inch size, also from Lowes) which are trimmed down approx 1/8 in for a perfect slop-free fit over the stock rubber bumpers on the bottom of the seat pan. (credit DennisM for the idea)

DSC00568.jpg

In another post I illustrated my version of the Show key mod and it helped some, but not enough. So I went and bought the high dollar Corbin seat, which was a much more comfortable seat, but still had the forward slide issue, just not as bad as the stock. So after this post popped up, I added 3/8 spacers under the Corbin and it really seemed to help, I'll get a long in this weekend and see.

....hope the lift works well with your Corbin, Jeff. I rode just over 100 miles today with the seat mod and an old air hawk pad from another bike. The combination worked very well.

Rich

Back