• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Gas Mileage.

Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
So what is your best and worst mileage so far on the NC 700 both the 6 speed and auto mention the speed, terrain, elevation any mods like deflectors windshields sprocket changes, tire pressures etc. What octane gas are you burning and does it contain ethanol...:(

Hondapro has built an aux tank..Very cool... so mileage and range are important to some, let the stories begin....true of course! :D

75 or above gets a gold star!!

NC700X DCT, no mods. Typical journey is 22 miles in each direction. Terrain has 2500 ft climb/descent and lots of twists and curves. Normal tire pressure and regular gas with 10% ethanol. I can get ethanol free gas but would need to drive about 35 miles to get it :(

My mpg is fairly consistent. Lowest was 64.7 and highest was 69.3 mpg (US gallon). I usually drive in S or MT.

Manual, 10% ethanol, mostly inner city, 62.7-67.9. Short daily commute. ~1800 miles total. Can't wait for warm weather to put some real miles on it.
My low on this last tank dropped to 55.7. That was 100% inner city. I think the cold caught up to me.

Last edited:
Click on the Fuelly icon at the bottom of my post. Then you can go to the bottom of the Fuelly page and click browse NC700X motorcycles to see what range of mileage owners are getting.

Greg

The best was about 90 US mpg at 45-50 mph and no stops or speed changes between gas stations. The worst was about 46 mpg riding steady 80 mph into a 20+ mph headwind. 10% ethanol is the norm, 6 six manual, riding for fun and games mix of rural and city.

IMG_8770.jpg

Last edited:
73 mpg around town so far with not a lot of stop and go riding. Nothing out on the highway yet since the weather has not been too cooperative lately. Have not taken a long ride yet. I use premium gas and most of my riding is at sea level currently. Maybe in the summer I will get to the mountains.

Last tank was 76 mpg on a standard manual NC700X, but I have hit 77.5 running on premium at a higher altitude than most. 5000ft. and up generally around these parts. Only 6 fill ups to go on.

Holy high-mileage, Batman! I am getting very consistently between 66 to 69 MPG. I commute 40 miles a day in mild to heavy traffic. Plus the weather has been cold and wet. I would imagine mileage to improve once weather warms up and I get away from traffic.

Holy high-mileage, Batman!

I'm with you. I rode mine the tail end of summer and get around 68 mpg over the 2k I have on the bike. Would love to know how some are getting upper 70s. Mine is mainly 2-up (although mileage doesn't seem to be affected by a passenger for me) and state highway (2 lane 55mph speed limit) running 60-65.

I only had mileage in the 70s (75.2) one time. I have had 61 - 66 mpg 5 times in mixed city - highway, and 55 - 59 five times all city riding.

Only when pulling a travel trailer................:eek:

How did you like the brakes on the big down hills? did the trailer have any effect on car passing times? i could make you a twenty gallon fuel tank for the trailer, with a full skid plate for of road, dale

Back