• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best seat fix, what say ye?/How are Shad owners liking theirs?

IMG_0095.jpgI recently finished a 1000 mile trip and my Shad served me really well. I was riding about 3.5 to 4.5 hours per day, usually a 2 hour ride at the start, then various sightseeing, or other stops every 30-45 minutes. There was never once that I wasn't looking forward to getting back in the saddle.

With regard to the pillion, it's now just muscle memory that I push down slightly as I turn the key to pop it up when getting gas. It's completely not an issue in my eyes. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I have to at this point, but like I said, it's just part of the motion now.

I continue to be extremely happy with the decision to get a Shad seat.

With regard to the pillion, it's now just muscle memory that I push down slightly as I turn the key to pop it up when getting gas. It's completely not an issue in my eyes. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I have to at this point, but like I said, it's just part of the motion now.

I continue to be extremely happy with the decision to get a Shad seat.

I had the same issue with mine the first year but it is now as the original and I don't need to push when I turn the key...

A couple of weeks ago I put a new Corbin seat on the bike. The Corbin seat is a lot more comfortable but there is a trade off because I went from flat foot at a stop to on the balls of my feet and also now a little bit of a longer reach to the handlebars. The Corbin seat distributes the weight more than the stock and not as much of a lean.

I have the Shad comfort seat. It is about 1/2 inch higher than the stock seat but this is not an issue for me (34 in inseam). I can stay on the bike for 3+ hours without thinking about my butt. It is money well spent!

Your inseam can limit which solution is right for you.

I went Corbin as mine is too short for any seat that raises the seat height.

Strange: I went with Corbin too but now am on my toes, used to be flat foot with stock seat. Corbin is a whole lot more comfortable.

I live about 3 hours from their shop, so I was able to ride down and get it "fitted" to me.
I also got some summer boots with thicker soles like the winter boots I wore in Dec when I got it done.
Still can't flat foot but it's a much nicer ride.

6', 32" inseam, using a Sargent and it's very comfortable, still flatfoot the bike, and no "forward slope" problem.

I have the Shad comfort seat. It is about 1/2 inch higher than the stock seat but this is not an issue for me (34 in inseam). I can stay on the bike for 3+ hours without thinking about my butt. It is money well spent!
I should possibly have my Shad seat tomorrow. I hope it's comfortable enough for me, as well.

I need to sell the Shad seat that my bike came with b/c I can't even touch the ground more than the slightest tiptoe with that seat on! 28" inseam. I find I am comfortably flatfoot with the seat completely removed (lol). I need to find a very low seat :(

I like the Shad seat a lot, have to fix the down slant, whan I get a Dale rear rack its going to look sweet as well

I am using the sellerie, after that, with an inseam of 30", I am able to ride 500 kms a day without any issues, with short hourly breaks.

Just put my Shad on and went for a 60 mile ride. Way more comfortable than the stock seat. I am very happy with it. I am 6' 3" with a 34 inch inseam.

I did a six hour ride on my Shad seat that I have had for 3 months with good comfort. The slope was bugging me a little. So, I need to work n the fix if I can find it here in the forum.

Back