• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Biketoberfest 2013 Oct 18

I may try to get down. Depends on what is happening with work around that time and too early to tell. When I go I camp in the infield of the race track which is good location, good facilities lower cost than other campgrounds, and overall good deal.

I plan on going, but I'm not sure what days I'll be there. I'm less than an hour's ride away and retired, so I can pretty much go any day that doesn't interfere with my wife's uncanny talent for coming up with other things for me to do. :)

Bob

I'm going but not sure when I'll get there because I am going to the American International Motorcycle expo first in Orlando.

AIMExpo

I will keep an eye out for any NCX's when I get over there though.

Indian is going to have the truck there with the 2014's to ride. Might tell your son. Dirty Harry's is still free admission. Indian usually does something at Dirty Harry's. I don't believe they have wine, but they do have lemon beer. I am suppose to be in Vermont and Maine seeing the leaves with my wife, but still have a little maneuvering time if you are going. Let me know.

If not October, then for sure March at Dayton. I just got to camp on the infield. Let me know!

Things finally fell into place as a work schedule change has me in south Georgia this week instead of Mississippi, so it ooks like I can get to Dayton Friday afternoon and stay until Sunday morning. 4 Day ticket for the races is $50 and includes tent camping in the infield. Price is good for just the 2 nights I will use even if I don't see a race. All the test rides are at the track and it is one of the prime vendor sites so don't even have to leave the area. International Speedway web site does not show tent camping available but I called and verified it is included. Camping on the inside of the last turn right next to the track. Bath rooms close by but a little hike or ride to showers.

Anyone else coming? You still in OCR?

Wish I could go to the NC-700 meetup Sunday, but have a 400 mile ride home.

My plan is to leave Tampa, FL Friday morning. I'll be there with my Harley friends until Sunday. Then a stop at Gator Joes to meet the guys there at 11 before heading home. That is the plan at least.

Last edited:
My plan is to leave Tampa, FL Friday morning. I'll be there with my Harley friends until Sunday. Then a stop at Gator Joes to meet the guys there at 11 before heading home. That is the plan at least.
I don't plan on going to Daytona this year but if we can meet and break bread at Gator Joe's that would be good.

I will be in the area, staying on the St. Johns River at Satsuma, FL off of Buffalo Bluff Rd at a friend's "dacha". I will be at both the Speedway and the J&P exhibit area on Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday meeting dduelin et al at Angle's Diner in Palaka for the ride over to Gator Joe's.

Fuzzy it would be great to see you and the new ride, as I missed the September MP3 Gathering.

I will be in the area, staying on the St. Johns River at Satsuma, FL off of Buffalo Bluff Rd at a friend's "dacha". I will be at both the Speedway and the J&P exhibit area on Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday meeting dduelin et al at Angle's Diner in Palaka for the ride over to Gator Joe's.

Fuzzy it would be great to see you and the new ride, as I missed the September MP3 Gathering.
You have my number. Give me a call Fri evening or Sat and we can make arrangements. Speedway may be best bet.

And sorry you missed a great gathering.

I spent this morning at the Speedway. Yamaha and Victory were there for demo rides. Just to give a heads up to the forum members planning on attending, even though the Yamaha pavilion says Star motorcycles they brought several models from the regular Yamaha lineup. I recall a few forum members discussing the new FZ-09 a while back and just in case anyone is interested that is one of the models available for demo rides this year.
Outside of that, there didn't seem to be as many vendors at the Speedway this year. Don't know if they are at the AIME show over in Orlando or if there will be more but they just hadn't set up yet (since I was there the morning of the first day).

Bob

Back