• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

BMW C600 Sport vs. Honda NC700X DCT vs. Yamaha Majesty

Daboo

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a good comparison review in the May issue of Motorcyclistonline magazine of all 3 bikes. If you are getting the magazine online or by snail mail, you'll find it on page 62. :D Otherwise, wait a bit and read it online when it gets there. :(

I am always bewildered when people pick one item of a bike and categorize it based on that. Supposedly because the NC700X has a DCT, it is blurring the lines between a motocycle and (shudder) a scooter. Then Honda moved the gas tank and created the frunk. If I had one complaint about the review, it would be the feeling I got that a motorcycle can't be practical, and a practical scooter couldn't possibly be fun. I know better.

They picked a Yamaha Majesty as the "scooter" to compare both to. That was a little unfair. The Majesty in the USA hasn't been updated in years. A better comparison in the 400 cc category would have been the Burgman 400. (Not just because I own one.) It was at least updated in 2007. The Burgman has a more fuel efficient engine, dual front disk brakes, ABS, and other amenities like a 12v receptacle. Perhaps an even better comparison, would've been the Yamaha Tmax. Now that would've been a great comparison!

The May issue also includes a long term staffer's ride report on the NC700X and a first look at the new CTX700 models.

If you are like me, you are really hungry for some good solid reviews on the NC700X that isn't just repeating the Honda brochures. This is more than that.

Chris

I want some reviews that compare it to other motorcycles. I'm sick of hearing how the dct version isn't a "real" motorcycle, yet they keep reviewing them instead of the manual versions.

I want some reviews that compare it to other motorcycles. I'm sick of hearing how the dct version isn't a "real" motorcycle, yet they keep reviewing them instead of the manual versions.

Agreed. If the article compared the Integra to these other scooters, I could see the logic.

They couldn't get the big Burgman in time, they said, so they apparently looked around and found a Yamaha, albeit with a much smaller engine than the Beemer. And hey, here's our long term test NC700X hanging around so let's toss that in.

This article is just garbage pulled together to meet a deadline.

Greg

Last edited:
Back