• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

BMW Rally in Billings Montana

Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone here going to the rally in Billings in a little over a week? Looking forward to my first rally! I will represent Honda well in the sea of Beemers!

I know the HOG group don't care for Honda's showing up. I was helping with a safety seminar at the Arkansas State Rally and rode in on my Gold Wing.I noticed where they were signing up for the bike show and recognized a couple of the guys at the gate. They saw me coming and Knew I was up to something. I pulled up and said I wanted to put my bike in the show. The ones I didn't know quickly explained to me this was for HOG only. With a dumb look on my face (pretty normal for me), said yes, I heard it was for Honda Owners Group only. The folks there I knew just about fell over. I turned around and rode off.

I think they are ok with Honda folk. Now the other demographic you speak of might not be so open. I'm going as a guest, obviously, the guys I ride with all are BMW riders. They invited me along so I think I'll be ok. Really looking forward to the ride over from western Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that sticker on my right side engine case. It fits perfectly in the circle and covers the Honda name.
I have had some not-so-knowleable know-it-alls come up and tell me they liked my BMW.

good lord..I had a guy on the BRP think my Honda Nighthawk was a BMW because I had aluminum panniers...homemade.

Back when I had BMWs & rode to BMW rallies, I found folks always friendly to other riders whatever they were riding -- most BMW riders are motorcycle enthusiasts first, brand loyalists a distant second; I'm about to test that feeling as I'm scheduled to ride my TRIUMPH Trophy to a BMW rally in KY this September. If I encounter any hostility, I'll go back & run over 'em with NC 700x -- that'll show 'em!

Looks like the link to the HMW sticker sight does not work. I'll have to figure that out later. Might need to just tape a couple on for now. Lol!

Not sure how to post a new topic on my phone so I'll make one here. Two things have happened with the bike on my trip. First on was restarting it after a picture/bathroom break. I have the dct and the gear indicator was flashing the whole time down the rest of the evening. Bike shifted and ran fine. Showed the proper gear but continued to flash off and on.
The next day it was fine. Don't know what this could mean.
Next one happened the next morning. Turned on the key, dash lit up head light on, full pump worked but the starter button did not. Nothing! There was a slight amount of ran that night and morning but not much. I tried a few more time but nothing. Then my friend tried a couple times and then it worked. Could a slight bit of moisture affect the starter switch? Bike ran great today. Got 80 mpg going from Yellowstone to red lodge over the beartooth pass! Any thoughts are appreciated.

Back