• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Boots or shoes: any recommendation?

Those Danner Acadia boots look awesome. I generally just wear Doc Martins. Never been a big “must have motorcycle boots” person. I like the Docs cause they are comfy and I can wear them all day at work. Although they are a bit hot in the summer. Not sure what, if any, protection they would provide if I came off but I’ve never even thought of riding a bike just wearing normal shoes or sneakers. The Danner Acadia have a really nice look - my kind of style. I doubt if we can get them here in the SA. Does anybody know if they are available anywhere in the UK?

Personally, I think many casual bikers wear too much protection and have a false sense of security.
Full gear is more suitable for racing tracks.
I do endorse "sensible" level of protection while not bursting the budget or coming in looking like Valentino Rossi.

However, gearing up (wearing) leathers, sometimes is like wearing a nice Rolex watch. It gives you a high. It is all in the mind.

Our roads here, ironically, are one of the safest for bikers, but we see a lot of richer folks, gearing up fully.
Some days, I ride with jeans and a jacket with protectors. I wear sneakers.
When I do that, I ride more slowly, be more alert, to "compensate".
When I am in full gear, I ride responsibly, but more quicker and care-less.

Buying that pair of motorcycle boots, also gave me a sense of "finally" buying a pair of motorcycle boots.
Did it help? Yes, for 1 week.
:D

Back