• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brake pedal lever adjustment?

DooDat

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed some Knights Designs footpegs to lower them and my brake pedal is now far too high. I tried to adjust the brake pedal lever using the nuts and the screw in the rear of the lever assembly but am having a hard time getting it to work. No matter what I try I can't get the long 2.5 inch screw any further up into the brake assembly to give my pedal more clearance. It's very frustrating. On a side note, I've always rode a motorcycle with the footbrake below my foot but I only ever use it during emergency braking and almost always use the front brake exclusively. Does anyone else have a set up where they have the brake pedal above their foot instead of below it? Just trying to look at other options for my break pedal situation.

Last edited:
I haven't had any problem with adjusting it. Loosen the lock nut which is at the bottom and then adjust with the top nut. The threaded rod screws into the attachment on the pedal to lower it and screws out of it to raise the pedal. It doesn't screw into/out of the master cylinder assembly. It is on the end of the brake pedal that it screws in/out. Lots of adjustment room for lowering the pedal. Don't forget to adjust the brake light switch too.

So are you saying the nut up near the top where the rubber boot is is the one I need to use, or the lower one that sits atop the C-clamp device with the pin through it? Because I have very little play in mine in either direction.

Both need to be loose. Some folks find it easier to actually loosen both nuts and then turn the shaft itself. The pedal will move in very small increments. And when you get it where you want it, you can hold off tightening everything down until you check your brake-light sensor.

If you adjust the brake pedal lower, does the brake light mechanism need to be adjusted as well? I'm wondering if you lower the brake pedal will the brake light be "on".

[I just installed some Knights Designs footpegs to lower them and my brake pedal is now far too high...]

If I had to guess, I'd say the range of brake adjustment is inadequate for what you've done.

[I just installed some Knights Designs footpegs to lower them and my brake pedal is now far too high...]

If I had to guess, I'd say the range of brake adjustment is inadequate for what you've done.

The brake pedal has plenty of adjustment room, DooDat was just realizing that after the instal of the Knight Pegs, he needed to lower the brake pedal. Lowering the brake pedal is easy (best to remove the cover over the muffler near the brake pedal, but what I'm wondering is if lowering the brake pedal, will the brake light come on all the time unless the light adjustment is adjusted.

If you adjust the brake pedal lower, does the brake light mechanism need to be adjusted as well? I'm wondering if you lower the brake pedal will the brake light be "on".

If you lower the brake pedal you will definitely need to adjust the brake light switch. You will have to hold the insulated brake light wire and turn the nut below to turn the brake light off. Then slowly adjust the nut the other way, pushing and releasing the brake lever, until the brake light comes on when the brake pedal is depressed and goes off when the brake pedal is released. Check the owner's manual for detailed instructions. I have the Knight lowering pegs on my bike.

Back