• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bridgstone replacing the BT-023 with the T30?

Gigs

Reaction score
Visit site
Im coming up due for at least a new rear tire and it seems the battlax 23 is being phased out. Now I am left with a pretty serious question, what do I replace it with. I do a lot commuting, back country roads easy going. Mostly straight up and down riding and I have some pretty serious chicken stripes. I don't need anything performancey, I get about 11k miles out of my 23's and more would be better. Thoughts...

Plenty of threads on here for replacement tires. Some of us has switched to continental Motion Pros. I have 6000+ miles on mine and leaving for 2500 trip this weekend (mostly superslab). Will see how they hold up after the trip.

Like was said lots of tire threads. I'm replying to this one because I had the BT-023s and switched to PR4s. The BT-023s made it just over 8K. Roads are pretty tough here in Arkansas. I didn't change a thing in my riding habits or route and I sit at 8K on the PR4s and still have some time before I hit the wear bar. At least another 1000 miles. And that is the wear bar. I'll take them past that point like I did the BT-023. My guess is these tires will give me close to 2000 more miles than the BT-023s did. It will be different for everyone so I'm just giving you my results between those two tires on the exact same pavement.

My Z8s were into the chords at 3K miles and have BS 023s on now. I hated the feel of the Z8 but may have had the air pressures too low, hence the bad wear. I've always liked the BS feel, these included.
The T30 were priced a little higher and will give these a try. I'm curious what tire the 2016 NC is fitted with. I'm very loyal to BS and don't see me on any other brand.

I have tried T30's. They are good tyres but imho not as good as PR4's for grip.

I have tried T30's. They are good tyres but imho not as good as PR4's for grip.
Grip has never been the problem with Pilot Roads or T30s. There is plenty with both. The difference for me and why I'm such a fan of the T30 is this tire is more fun to ride on. It's more communicative thru feedback to me. Michelins are numb at tip in and when pushed the squishy sidewalls first cause under steer then oversteer to compensate and set my line. True, I'm probably flying a little closer to the flame to use the better handling but I like having it.

Grip has never been the problem with Pilot Roads or T30s. There is plenty with both. The difference for me and why I'm such a fan of the T30 is this tire is more fun to ride on. It's more communicative thru feedback to me. Michelins are numb at tip in and when pushed the squishy sidewalls first cause under steer then oversteer to compensate and set my line. True, I'm probably flying a little closer to the flame to use the better handling but I like having it.

There we differ, but I suppose rider weight and suspension setup will also dictate the various likes and dislikes of a particular tyre. I will admit finding the Michelin Anakee (similar to the PR4) slow to turn in on my Triumph though. I ride in very varied conditions in all weathers throughout the year and I am far more confident leaning a PR 4 over towards its edges than a T30. I felt the T to be a good tyre if a little vague at times, but have no issue with the PR under the same conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the PR4 so much, I may never know if I would like a different tire better. Can't find any incentive to change. Actually I have been with the series since the PR2 and am a big Michelin fan. Just spooned a new PR4 rear on the NC last week-end. They are easy to mount as well. I am ordering up a set of PR4 Trails for my GS to replace the TKC70s when they expire (soon). Can't go too far wrong with them.

Back