• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Buell Ulysses Pegs

Cagedodger

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was tinkering around the garage today and walked by my Concours and started looking at what I was going to start removing from it to sell in the Spring and I noticed that the peg bracket is nearly the same size and angle as the NC7's. Just for shits and giggles, I did a quick test fit and it looks like a pretty good fit! The NC7's pegs are placed pretty well, they aren't nearly as cramped as the OEM were on the Concours. Still, legroom is legroom! The pin diameter is different so I need to get or make a sleeve before making them a permanent (but 100% reversible) change. These end up being about an inch lower and an inch wider. Could be fun in the dirt... if only the NC would leave the pavement or ride over cracks without breaking your mother's back...

Hopefully you don't like it too much since Buell's gone away. These used to be the super cheap way of getting lower pegs. I think I paid about $35 for them a few years back. You might still be able to find some or similar. The bracket size seems to be pretty common, so I'm sure there's others out there that will work as well. DCT folks, extra bonus: there's no shifter to worry about lowering and the brake lever looks to be a really simple adjustment.

What do you guys think?

Buell Pegs:
IMG_20130108_220047.jpg

NC7 OEM Pegs:
IMG_20130108_220131.jpg

Width Comparison Shot:
IMG_20130108_220550.jpg

If you like em, you might be able to find some old ones out there cheap! I know they were popular with VStrom owners as well.

A recent post made me recall this one. I never updated because it ended up being such a one-off project that it wouldn't really be repeatable. This was because these pegs were first adapted for use with my Concours (which involved reaming out the pin holes from their original diameter). The end effect would be difficult to describe as a "how-to" if anyone wanted to follow along.

Lou Wambsganss came up with a similar install and has some follow-a-long pictures.

Back