• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bugger broken NC700x already :-(

ginger1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Had a nightmare today, trying to get into a NCP (Car park) in central London i got stuck going down a 45 degree incline into a car park when the gates refused to open for me!! tried to push the bike backwards but the incline was to steep but with nowhere to go i had to put the bike on the side stand to get off and reach the help button. As soon as i stepped away from the bike I was just to far to catch it as it fell forward off the stand and hit the deck :-(

the good news is the bike survived really well compared to my gixxer, No broken panels or lights. All I have broken the lhs mirror and bent the clutch leaver and gear changer.
the bad news is honda want £70 for a mirror £65 for a gear selector and £25 for a clutch lever.
I cant bring myself to spend £160 on a few bits and pieces.
My question is does anyone know of any cheap replacement i can get ie will a Honda cbr lever fit instead? or are there any good after market mirrors anyone can recommend

Thanks for your help

Chris

hi there
bloody hell...the good thing is as yu said you only got those few bits damaged...unfortunately the bike is too new and as far as i know there are no cheap replacement out there as yer clutch lever should be a problem to find a replacemt..see ebay..but the original unfortunaly only from Honda..best of luck pal

Hi there,

There are a lot of replacement for levers in eBay. Anyway, why don't just buy the mirror and unbent the lever and gear changer? It's a really easy job...

HTH

Hi ginger,
so sorry to hear about your damage! The worst if you cannot reach to stop it falling over. Had a similar one, just a fall over from stand still. You can bend the gear changer back, it tends to bend under the linkage, which makes changing down impossible. As far as the levers are concerned, leave them, rather try and get some protection for them. I have BarkBusters on they are capable of protecting them. (see my pics)The mirror is expensive, so try get some from flebay!
Good luck and go safe!

Sorry to read about a "fundamental" error in parking one's motorcycle. Wrong choice of parking space.
Don't be too hard on yourself, it can happen to anyone.
It is just hard because I assume your bike is brand new (also).

Take care, it is a bike for riding, so ride it.
:cool:

Oh no!!!! Sorry to hear about your mishap. But, look at it this way, it could have been worse. Glad that you weren't on the bike when it went down. Saved you from possibly injury. And, this is a super cheap lesson that you'll be able to pass on to others later...

Cheers,
Steve

I feel like we should have a thread dedicated to everyone's "I dropped it today" stories. Sorry about your luck man. Most of us have been there.

Looks like ginger1 either got it fixed and has not stopped riding since, or sold or abandoned the bike, since we haven't heard from her since last July.

Back