• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Can't Find Front Fender Torque Values in Service Manual

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed a pair of shock boots and front fender extender today and everything went smoothly but I'm having trouble finding the torque values for the front fender mounting bolts in the service manual.

I did find a torque chart that states 7 foot pounds for 6mm bolts.

Is this the value I should use for the front fender bolts?

Thanks a million

brian

I have the Barrett manual, for things without a specific value it has this table.

5mm screw - 3.1LbFt
5 mm nut & bolt - 3.8LbFt
6 mm screw - 6.6LbFt
6 mm nut & bolt - 7LbFt
6 mm flange nut & bolt - 9LbFt
8 mm nut & bolt - 16LbFt
8 mm flanged nut & bolt - 20LbFt
10 mm nut & bolt - 25LbFt
10 mm flanged nut & bolt - 29LbFt
12 mm nut & bolt - 40LbFt

Last edited:
that sounds about right. Some of the non-critical bolts don't have specific values listed in the manual so you go with the general chart that you are referencing. Honestly on those bolts I used a dap of lock-tight and snugged them up....don't want to crank on them and break the fender.

My HD riding friend would say, "Aw, tighten the **** out of it and then go another half turn." I don't recommend that for a Honda. He can get away with it because he has a "real" bike that can handle it. LOL I'd go with Grey1one's figures on this one.

Back