• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CB1000R Turn signal switch pod conversion?

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if this would bolt on without any lever perch fitment issues.

Versus our stock switch pod:

I know I couldn't be so lucky that the harness plugs would match up, but I'm sure they would be easy enough to fiddle with.

The curious thing is, the switch for the 1000R (2012) is around 48.00 dollars (US) but our NCX pod is nearly 100.00 bucks! Same with the mirrors. The 1000R mirrors are virtually identical, but 1/2 the price of the 700X ones.

uh oh...did you drop ur bike?

haha! :D

Nah, I just hate the "upside down" turn/horn button position on the NC compared to every other motorcycle I've ever owned. (except for my much hated BMW-ugh!)

I was so glad to get rid of the stupid wonky button configuration on the F800 when I traded it in, only to be presented with an alien pod on my new Honda! :eek: :(

Jumping from one bike to another, now having to think/remember my horn and turn signal buttons are reversed, is incredibly annoying to me, not to mention potentially dangerous.

Oh, and the mirrors- I love the OEM NC700 mirrors, they just work for me, both aesthetically, and functionally (which is pretty rare nowadays) but ironically, they are about 1" too tall to fit under the deck I have to park under every day. Undoing them from the mounts twice a day is getting a little old...:(

I thought maybe the 1000R mirrors might be a tiny bit shorter height-wise and could possibly be a solution. Then found they were half the cost of the NCX ones. Strange.

*LBS hopes*

Last edited:
lol ;)

"CB1000R Turn Signal Switch: $13,000.00 dollars."

"Comes with free CB1000R"

And worth every penny.
I have ridden a CB on several occasions and if it were not for it's impracticality for my trips away I would trade my Crossrunner for one tomorrow. I would want a respray though either in orange/ white /green or Repsol colours

it took a bit to get used to the left switch assembly, but its OK now, besides i always rest my thumb on top of the turn switch, on the horn, so it works OK for me , at least it only takes one hand to work the signals, not like the gs1200 that i had. dale

it took a bit to get used to the left switch assembly, but its OK now, besides i always rest my thumb on top of the turn switch, on the horn, so it works OK for me , at least it only takes one hand to work the signals, not like the gs1200 that i had. dale

I'm sure most, if not all people here, have more than one bike, and seem to be managing just fine, but I suck at it.

If I had just one bike, then it would be ok. Even though I hated the BMW set up, I did get used to it over the years. I still despised it, but I learned to cope.

The killer is, I also commute every day on my other bike, and it, like all my previous ones going back 40+ years, were all the same, the user friendly Japanese style I grew up with and forgot I even had to deal with, when riding.

I am just too old and/or dumb to easily transition from two different set ups, every day. It sticks in my craw with the NCX, because I was so happy to go back to "normal" when giving the F800 the heave ho.

Now, I am screwing up trying to signal and operate the horn on my "normal" bike, because I'm split second second guessing which bike I'm riding, and wtf is the accursed button?! *honk* *flash* Auuugh! That *really* peeves me!

I went to full autopilot perfection of turn and horn use when I was 6 years old for crying out loud. When I turned 16 and got my licence to (legally) ride, I already had 10 years of "never need to even think about it, it just happens" under my belt, lol.

The whole old dog new tricks thing, sigh.

I'm sure most, if not all people here, have more than one bike, and seem to be managing just fine, but I suck at it.

If I had just one bike, then it would be ok. Even though I hated the BMW set up, I did get used to it over the years. I still despised it, but I learned to cope.

The killer is, I also commute every day on my other bike, and it, like all my previous ones going back 40+ years, were all the same, the user friendly Japanese style I grew up with and forgot I even had to deal with, when riding.

I am just too old and/or dumb to easily transition from two different set ups, every day. It sticks in my craw with the NCX, because I was so happy to go back to "normal" when giving the F800 the heave ho.

Now, I am screwing up trying to signal and operate the horn on my "normal" bike, because I'm split second second guessing which bike I'm riding, and wtf is the accursed button?! *honk* *flash* Auuugh! That *really* peeves me!

I went to full autopilot perfection of turn and horn use when I was 6 years old for crying out loud. When I turned 16 and got my licence to (legally) ride, I already had 10 years of "never need to even think about it, it just happens" under my belt, lol.

The whole old dog new tricks thing, sigh.

Commute on the NC...problem solved! lol

Commute on the NC...problem solved! lol

Unfortunately, my other ride makes my NCX look like a 60's era muscle car that drinks fuel by the tanker truck load, lol

Also, I can't commute on it due to insurance stipulations, and it wouldn't even fit where I park my CBR. The NC700 is looooong! :eek:

Well scratch that brilliant idea :mad:

Had a sneaking suspicion, and sure enough. The filthy turn signal switch pictured in my initial post is not an American one, so guess what that means? The US/Canada models don't get the hazard/four way flasher button nor the flash to pass trigger.

The Euro/UK etc. models? Why those switches cost over $170.00 bucks before shipping, lol.

I found US model switches, for as low as $38.00 with nearly free shipping, darn it. I was so wanting to try this. :( I can live without the flash to pass option as I never use it, but I really like the hazard button. Guess it will depend on which wins out; my hatred for the upside down signal/horn or losing a feature I like having.

Drat!

This also annoyed me so I tried the switch from a cbr 1000 rr which looks the same. I found it to be a bit of a tight fit near the clutch lever casting ,even though it has the same functions as the NC700x it has not the same amount of wires.

I have managed to fit a switch from a Kawasaki er-6 2006-2012 which has all the same functions as my UK bike.
I have cut the wire from the NC700x as the Kawasaki one is not long enough and I could not find a plug to match the Honda wiring harness.
This switch fits fine and now I have the same set up as the other bikes I ride:)
If you want to do this modification yourself I can post which Kawasaki wires need connection to the Honda Plug.

If the US/Canadian bike has the wiring harness as the UK but not the same switch operations this switch could give you the flash to pass function.

This also annoyed me so I tried the switch from a cbr 1000 rr which looks the same. I found it to be a bit of a tight fit near the clutch lever casting ,even though it has the same functions as the NC700x it has not the same amount of wires.

I have managed to fit a switch from a Kawasaki er-6 2006-2012 which has all the same functions as my UK bike.
I have cut the wire from the NC700x as the Kawasaki one is not long enough and I could not find a plug to match the Honda wiring harness.
This switch fits fine and now I have the same set up as the other bikes I ride:)
If you want to do this modification yourself I can post which Kawasaki wires need connection to the Honda Plug.

If the US/Canadian bike has the wiring harness as the UK but not the same switch operations this switch could give you the flash to pass function.

Awesome, thanks for the great info deecat! And welcome to the Forum :)

I had forgotten that many N.A. spec Kawasakis have at least the 4-way hazard switch, if not both the hazard and flash to pass buttons. Like I said, I could happily live without the pass button as I never use it, so my hopes are renewed at least for the main swap if possible! :D

I'll get back to you once I've scoped more Kwaker switches and their likelihood of me getting my grubby little hands on one.

Thanks again!

Back