• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cheaper mirror alternative

kumatae

Reaction score
Visit site
Dropped my bike in the garage, luckily it was on pile of clothes. However my left mirror snapped right off. I tried jb weld but when I tried to adjust the mirror, it snapped right off. I have spare set of mirrors ready to go but it's the wrong thread. Replacement mirror is $45 from Honda which is way too much. All the mirrors that I've seen have standard threads. Anyone have a cheaper alternative??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some universal fit mirrors from local motorcycle shop. They are round ones with longer stems. $12 for 1 mirror. They work just fine. I will take some pictures tonight.

You could get it welded. Probably wouldn't be too expensive, but probably won't look great until you go over it with paint.

Here's what I got. It's just generic mirrors made in Taiwan. The long stems put the mirror all the way out above the grips. They extend as far as where the bar end is.

WP_20170124_19_47_34_Pro.jpgWP_20170124_19_48_20_Pro.jpg

Here's what I got. It's just generic mirrors made in Taiwan. The long stems put the mirror all the way out above the grips. They extend as far as where the bar end is.

View attachment 32282View attachment 32283

Those look like the set I have at home but in the wrong thread pattern. Wouldn't have minded using them but that thread thing really sucks. I don't think I would like the mirrors sticking out too much since I split lane all the time here in So Cal. Hopefully, the set I ordered from Amazon will be here soon. On a side note, because of lack of left mirror, I'm checking my shoulder way more often than I would have otherwise.

Yes you should quite posting and remain quit. :)

No seriously, your suggestion totally sounded like a smart-*** reply and was doing nothing but stating the obvious. Sorry if I had mistook your intent.

Back to the subject at hand, mirrors from Amazon have been ordered and hopefully everyone knows where to get a cheap replacement if that time ever comes.

Update: do not order those mirrors from amazon! They will send you left hand threaded mirrors!! They look almost identical to our oem mirrors. Would have been awesome if they actually had right hand threads.

Okay so here's the definitive way to replace your mirrors for cheap. Order the ones from amazon. And then order two of these, Online Shopping 968173 - Buy Popular 968173 - From Banggood Mobile for $4. These will replace the mirror mounts and have proper threads. The reason why you need two is because it only comes with one right handed thread. I noticed that these mirrors do not vibrate as much as oem.

284489393c3140622e3ababbf0c035d8.jpg

dcd5da14d2dde949af7cbe733973cccc.jpg

Vibration isn't bad with oem, in my experience, with barkbusters and with no end weights. The 250l has pretty bad vibration imo.

Mine at high speed, 75mph or above would shake a little just on one side. These don't budge a bit even at high speeds.

Back