• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Checkin out

lipsee

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks,,,I made a big misstake,,,I visited a TRuimph dealer,,and well I bought a BMW...Yeah I know ...but it was love ,well as soon as I saw the price tag..I had to have it,with abit of haggling over the trade price I am now the owner of a BMW R1200RT...I,m kind of sad to wave bye to the NC,we had to great rides together,but time waits for no man...Now obviously now being a BMW rider I cannot wave to a meer Honda riders ,but I will give a slight nood...(but we can talk if you buy me a coffee) cheers folks its being a pleasure...

Hopefully nobody will judge you that harshly. I would love to know how the difference in the ride is. My wingman rides a RT1200 and can successfully leave me in his wake if we have any stretches of interstate to jump on. And the two don't look terribly bad parked next to one another. :) Safe travels!

Now obviously now being a BMW rider I cannot wave to a meer Honda riders ,but I will give a slight nood...(but we can talk if you buy me a coffee) cheers folks its being a pleasure...

I've found BMW's to be among the most friendly of other riders towards me...

Probably something that is different on the other side of the pond, where I presume Harley riders don't roam the streets refusing to wave at anything that has a muffler still attached.

Congrats on your new ride! Mine is paid off so it's hard to let her go. I'm sure some day though. Or maybe not.

Wish you all the best lipsee! Safe and fun travels.

My last big mistake I still bitterly regret years later, was visiting a BMW dealer and actually buying a BMW lol.

Congrats on the new ride,they get good reviews,folks seem to like them.
L.b.s when those 3 letters came up I was exspecting more from you,I think you handled yourself very well lol.

Enjoy the new ride!! I have had 6 new bikes in 7 years....Hopefully I have landed on the right one. Each one is different but still allows us that great feeling of the open road! Ride safe!

Enjoy the new ride! Hope you have many safe miles. I was seriously considering the BMW K1600GTL before I bought the new FJR but couldn't decide which one of my daughters wouldn't get to go to college. ;)

Hopefully nobody will judge you that harshly. I would love to know how the difference in the ride is. My wingman rides a RT1200 and can successfully leave me in his wake if we have any stretches of interstate to jump on. And the two don't look terribly bad parked next to one another. :) Safe travels!
Well sir..As I never had a test ride and never rode a BMW for at least 30years,,its 16miles from shop to my house and it was love at first ride.. it has a brillant ride and it handles the corners pretty good too,in fact I find it so much easier then the NC.It does not weight that much more either.One asspect I do,nt like is the gearing.I always thought the gearing on the NC was pretty much spot on..On the BM I think it could use a bigger top gear(lowering the revs),but of course its pushing a big fairing..As for servicing ,,I,m on the lookout for a cheaper independant guy...(have yet to find one gulp) all the best

Back