• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Checking in from Maryland

tjud

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been lurking on this site for some time as I was looking at the NC700X and was researching what people thought about it. Recently a local bike shop put some up for sale at a price I couldn’t resist. So I pulled the trigger last week on a new 2014 model. Picked it up Monday. When I got ready to ride it home, I picked it up off its side stand using about the same amount of heft that I do with my ST1300... and almost tossed it on its other side. Lesson number 1: it ain’t no ST1300. First of many to follow, I am sure.

I want to thank everyone who contributes their knowledge and insight to this board. It was invaluable to me as I was going through my decision making process. And it has made for a fun ride - even before I got to the bike!

Tom

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike. I was at my dealer the other day and they have 5 used ST1300's. I'm this close to picking one up but really need to wait until the end of the year. I sat on one for a secnd and after riding this NC for a couple years it was quite a difference. I took for granted how well the NC carries its weight.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike. I was at my dealer the other day and they have 5 used ST1300's. I'm this close to picking one up but really need to wait until the end of the year. I sat on one for a secnd and after riding this NC for a couple years it was quite a difference. I took for granted how well the NC carries its weight.

Hi, Sarge, and thanks! I do love taking the ST out on the road. It is without a doubt the smoothest and most capable bike I have ridden. And between the bags and top box, it has a ton of storage room. But at rest it is a lump. It's a pain to move aroud the garage, a pig to load on a trailer, and you feel every pound of its weight when you put it up on the center stand. It is, in fact, the reason I went in search of something like the NC. I wanted something a little less for running errands and going for joy rides. Early days yet, but so far it seems the the NC is fitting the bill perfectly.

Greetings and salutations :D

I hope you can have even half the amount of fun I'm having with mine, and many safe miles of smiles :)

Welcome from Semmes, Alabama, Roll Tide !!!!

I think this is the place where I say, Go Terps!! Or maybe it's, Crawl Terps!! I don't know. Either way it just doesn't seem to carry the same level of intimidation. At any rate, thanks!

Glen Burnie to Shreveport - now that's a bit of a change. I would imagine that you can ride more of the year where you are now!

As for the menagerie, yes it is an embarrassment of riches. My wife tells me that I have MAD - Motorcycle Acquisition Disorder - and should seek help immediately! I tell her that I can give it up any time I want, but I choose not to at this time. It seems she remains unconvinced.

My move to Shreveport (44 years ago) was quite a change from the Maryland folks. Getting used to not making fun of the dialect (i.e., realizing I'M the one out of place) took a little while.

As for riding, I only missed out 1 week of riding last year because of a freak snow storm. That's part I like. The heat and humidity is part I don't like. I think I was at the airport when my boat came in. I should have a summer place and a winter place so I can ride all year!

Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome from Athens, GA. Last weekend, I took my brother-in-law to look at a new bike and while at the dealer, sat on nearly everything (yes, I'm that guy). All was fine until I tried out this beautiful Harley-Davidson Ultra Super Hydro Heritage Electra Classic Limited Glide King Project St. Helens FLGHZTRSYPDWAMB-EIEIO. It took all I wanted to put into it just to get her off the side stand. Even though the HD is approximately 8 lbs. lighter than the Goldwing I sat on next, I didn't have the same problem with the big Honda. Either way, I think I'll keep my little Honda for now.

...Harley-Davidson Ultra Super Hydro Heritage Electra Classic Limited Glide King Project St. Helens FLGHZTRSYPDWAMB-EIEIO...

That one made me laugh, although I think you might have dropped Soft Tail out of the mix! One thing that surprised me about the ST1100 vs the ST1300 is that to me, the 1100 feels lighter. The only thing that I can attribute that to is that the 1100 has its fuel tank in the frame while the 1300 doesn't. I think the Gold Wing uses a similar approach to lower the CG. At any rate,the fact that the NC has its fuel tank in the frame gets a thumbs up from me!

Back