• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Closing the frunk on Gerbing Wires

NickV

Reaction score
Visit site
I've run my Gerbing wires up through the frunk, so that they come out on either side of the lock/latch. Has anyone else done this, and have you run into any issues with the frunk lid warping over time or water penetration? Of course, the wires will be dropped into the frunk once it's warmer out/I'm parked, but I don't want to run any chance of damaging the seal if I can help it. I'll be wiring up the exterior socket shown in a previous post, but this will need to suffice for now.

Thanks

NickV

On any bike I that I wear heated gear on I run the harness connector in a manner to lead out from under the left front of the seat. I normally wear the heat controller on my left side so the wires connect easily to the gloves and/or jacket liner and don't rub on the paintwork which is easily marred by the wires rubbing on it. I have ridden over 200,000 miles with the wires run this way. On the NC700X it is easy to run the wires out of the frunk next to the battery left side then back under the bottom of the frunk and up then out. Secure with a twist or zip tie or two to the cables that take this same route next to the left side frame tube under that black panel with NC700X on it. In the warmer months I tuck the connector back under the seat and out of the weather.

I've run my Gerbing wires up through the frunk, so that they come out on either side of the lock/latch. Has anyone else done this, and have you run into any issues with the frunk lid warping over time or water penetration? Of course, the wires will be dropped into the frunk once it's warmer out/I'm parked, but I don't want to run any chance of damaging the seal if I can help it. I'll be wiring up the exterior socket shown in a previous post, but this will need to suffice for now.

Thanks

NickV

Old can ride got the Firstgear accessory "DC COAX Panel Mount to DC COAX Plug" and has a outside sealed connection to plug into. I'm waiting on a Eastern Beaver PC8 and 30A relay kit, like I had on the Wee Strom so all accessories will be behind the battery cover and out of the Frunk. Then I plan on installing the FirstGear plug like Old Can Ride did. The Left upper plastic piece comes off so easy with only one screw and a plastic push pin I'm keeping the two connection wires I need occasionally for my Ham Radio and Antenna hidden until I need them and a grommet hides the mini cut out.

I did do as you have with the wire hanging out of the frunk and it did not alter the water tightness but I like Old Can Rides connection much better.

Good Luck

Old can ride got the Firstgear accessory "DC COAX Panel Mount to DC COAX Plug" and has a outside sealed connection to plug into. I'm waiting on a Eastern Beaver PC8 and 30A relay kit, like I had on the Wee Strom so all accessories will be behind the battery cover and out of the Frunk. Then I plan on installing the FirstGear plug like Old Can Ride did. The Left upper plastic piece comes off so easy with only one screw and a plastic push pin I'm keeping the two connection wires I need occasionally for my Ham Radio and Antenna hidden until I need them and a grommet hides the mini cut out.

I did do as you have with the wire hanging out of the frunk and it did not alter the water tightness but I like Old Can Rides connection much better.

Good Luck
1.jpg

Picture of my First Gear Connector. Works great! I was not the first to do this, someone else on this forum beat me to it, I just copied them.

001.jpg

Must have the about 1 foot extension wire for this to work also. It all fits like it belongs on the fake tank panel, and looks great.

smileyidea.jpg

00.jpg

Back