• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Clutch and friction plates replacement

Mr. Commuter

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello members
Hope all is well
I need some guidance from those who have replaced clutch and friction plates plus mechanics on this platform.
Is it must that when doing so,am I supposed to replace number 3 and number 9 as per the link below.
Greetingsto you all from Uganda.

Hello members
Hope all is well
I need some guidance from those who have replaced clutch and friction plates plus mechanics on this platform.
Is it must that when doing so,am I supposed to replace number 3 and number 9 as per the link below.
Greetingsto you all from Uganda.
I see no need to replace the parts identified as 3 and 9, unless you should find them to be damaged.

I see no need to replace the parts identified as 3 and 9, unless you should find them to be damaged.
bro its my mechanic who told advised. i have a 2018 manual model and i have only covered 40000km. i just discovered yestarday that the person from whom i bought my bike was using a wrong oil which affected the plates. Am still hestant to order for numer 3 and 9

bro its my mechanic who told advised. i have a 2018 manual model and i have only covered 40000km. i just discovered yestarday that the person from whom i bought my bike was using a wrong oil which affected the plates. Am still hestant to order for numer 3 and 9
It’s my belief that improper oil use would affect the clutch fiber friction plates. The metal plates of the clutch should be able to cleaned and reused. The parts 3 and 9 are metal parts, thus I would not expect that their replacement is necessary unless they were physically damaged or badly worn. Of course, no harm would be done if every part is replaced, but it may be wasteful.

Back