• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cold weather gear choices?

I opened up the stitching on the inside and you can get them on pretty much anything with no issues...

Like this.... (not my bike, a dude sent me this pic to guide me as well)

View attachment 35211

SleepyC

How do you keep these secured? It seems like theyd fall forward on deceleration. Are they anchored on the bar ends or something

After almost five years of riding this bike I finally went out and purchased a 12V dual controller, a heated jacket liner, and some 12V heated gloves. I previously only had a set of battery powered gloves. I wish now I had not waited so long. I rode in this morning at 23F. Although my hands still got a little cold (not bad though), my torso was warn which has never been the case. My purchases were all Firstgear Brand and I think it cost me $389 to the house for the dual controller, jacket liner, and gloves.

Up till 2 years ago, I commuted a lot to work during the winter, using snow mobile outfit and heated glove liners. Getting too old to enjoy the cold, roads too slick with either frozen wet stuff or brime the road crews have been soaking the roads with, so now my heated options is my Prius C (50+mpg on the interstate doing 70mph)..LOL

Warm and safe heated jacket. Marino wool, 3/4 tights, ski socks, glove liners, fleece neck gaitor, Oxford grips, aerostich pants, jacket, fleece liner.

Besides heated gear (I just use snowmobile gloves) this is the best $15 you can spend to keep your hands warm.

TUST MOTORCYCLE HAND MITTS

I just received a pair of similar items over the weekend and look forward to using them in our extremely cold desert mornings (30-40F) on my commute to and from work. Just need to keep the wind off of my hands. Bulky gloves purchased recently are warm, but the ends of my fingers still get cool. I think this is the real deal for warm hands w/o heated grips.

Warm n safe: jacket, pants, socks and glove liners
Firstgear Kilimanjaro with liner
Firstgear overpants with rain liner in
Smartwool balaclava
Neck gaiter
Ssmartwool socks under heated socks (some wear them next to skin; I have to be careful with my feet, so wool socks first. My feet stay warm)
I wear business casual under all of the above commuting to work. Jeans and a long-sleeve T when I'm touring. I have heated grips, but wear winter gloves with a LOT of Thinsulate in them, so the heated glove liners have paid off.
TUSK mitts on the hand guards when it's consistently below 40 F.
My 2013 DCT has no trouble handling the electrical draw; I do turn things off when I'm going in slow traffic. Plan to install a voltmeter this winter to keep a closer watch on battery drain.
Heated gear is the way to go...

First Gear heated jacket, gloves, socks; dual controller; voltmeter to make sure that alternator is not overpowered. If temperature is below 30 and there is a lot of highway riding, rain gear over everything else.
Tall windshield and hand guards help too.

Speaking of a cold weather ride ..............

6CE8EF6C-9761-4DD7-A0A5-1C9B34C9DB9E.jpg

Some days even heated gear won’t do the trick...........

Last edited:
Maybe "old news" to some here, but I see on Ebay that SHAD SEATS is now offering a Heated version for the NC700X.........not cheap at $459. I can't justify ($$$) it down here in BamaLand, but maybe you Yanks can.....??

Back