• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Coming up rear hugger

kaming713

Reaction score
Visit site
Look greats and it can block 80% from wheel, I am looking forward to have it on my nc700x 2012
rear%20hugger_zpsxhlkgp45.jpg

Will it mount to a 2012 NC700X swing arm? That photo looks like an Integra swing arm, which is not the same as my 2012 US model NC700X's.

Looks like an overly complicated version of the thing on the rear of BMW GS motorcycles that we call the "'possum scraper". I took mine off because it made the area around the shock absorber dirtier. It intercepts road spray that would have otherwise flown harmlessly behind you and redeposits it onto the rear wheel where it then slings it all over the shock. Also, since it is unsprung weight, if heavy enough, it could have a detrimental effect on suspension performance.

I think it is all hat and no cattle.

Possum-ectomy-before.jpg

Last edited:
[...Powerbronze still appears to give the best protection for where it is needed...]

I bought one because I thought the same thing. After my order was confirmed, I never got another notice of when it'd be delivered - in spite of sending several E-mails. I wasn't in a big hurry but thought it'd be nice to know and I was dealing directly with Powerbronze in the UK. If they have a US distributor now, it might be better but who knows?

It doesn't fit well (offset to one side) so I had to use spacers on the left side to center it on the tire/wheel. The portion that is the chain guard is shorter than on the Honda chain guard so spray off the chain gets flung onto the back of the bike. My bike is lowered around 45-50 mm so the front of the Powerbronze Hugger hit the bottom of the inner fender at full travel but it'll probably be OK on an unlowered bike. Anyhow I took it off and it's sitting unused in my garage.

If you're interested in buying it, send me a PM. :)

Last edited:
Still happy with the Skidmarks hugger. Keeps most of the crud off the shock and underside of inner fender. Good fit, no problems 3 years. Ride safe. 700 X 2015 Fall 010.jpg700 X 2015 Fall 015.jpg

+1 on the Skidmarx hugger, and it comes really close to the 12 position, if not just past it! I went with the standard black (glossy) as I didn't need the CF look or expense. I then refinished it matte to better match the rest of the plastics on the bike.

2016-09-24-17.27.51-web.jpg

2016-09-24-17.28.16-web.jpg

2016-09-24-17.28.54-web.jpg

Back