• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Confused with Left Hand Thread Nut

NC475

Reaction score
Visit site
I am trying to install a set of hand guards on my 2017 NC750XDCT. These hand guards are the AliExpress version of the Givi hand guards. I am stumped trying to remove the mirrors. I see on the diagram #5 lock nut is left hand threaded. Which way do I turn to loosen the nut in this double stacked set up? Is the stalk on the mirror left hand thread too? The diagram shows both sides use the same #5 lock nut, so I presume both mirrors will loosen the same way.
Thank you.
Kenny

Attachments

• IMG_5054.jpeg
    IMG_5054.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5052.jpeg
    IMG_5052.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2866.png
    IMG_2866.png
    641.5 KB · Views: 23
If a left hand nut is involved everything is left handed; mirror thread, nut and jam nut…
everything worked out. I was confused with the adapter post which is right hand threaded on the male end and left hand of the female end. Once I figured the mirror post itself was left hand threaded, it came off easy and I was able to install the hand guards. Thank you.

Back