• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cool cruze.

backtochain

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not to often one get's to ride in Dec. here in MN. Took a little jaunt over to a creamery in WI. to pick some cheese for the Holiday's a couple weeks ago. Temp. was a balmy 40deg. Yesterdays ride was at 24deg. I welcomed my Gerbings heated jacket. Have the gloves and the socks but did not wear them which turned that ride into a shorter one. Next time I'm putting them on hoping to get a ride in each month this winter...
20151205_130855 (5).jpg

The only time I have ridden in weather that was in the 20 degree range was in 1997. Even with my heated electric gear and multi layers of clothes it was cold!

Quote ; Be careful out there.Yes that's for sure , in fact that's how I toasted my previous bike a BMW R1200C Montauk a beautiful cruiser. Hit some black ice and that was it. No crash bars ; good bye left cylinder head. I was just heading out on a week trip to Big Ben National Park in Texas. Obviously that trip wasn't met to be. I got on my feet got the bike back home. Gave a dealership a call and rented a 1200GS. With a couple of days shaved off the vac. I cut the trip and just made a loop through Iowa , Missouri , Nebraska up in through the Black Hills of SD. to Devils Tower and then back home.
Then it was time to shop for a new bike. Wanted something lighter and better dirt road worthy so it came down to choosing a 650GS or the NC. The NC just has that four stroke smoothness and accompanying throttle response that I couldn't walk away from. That and the price and I was sold. Now close to 3 years and just under 40,000mi. I'm a happy camper!

This year has been pretty good for my commuting. The lowest temperature that I have rode in so far was 24 degrees. Last year's low for me was 2 degrees.
Luckily I only have a 30 minute commute.

Rode at 3 degrees years ago when I only had a motorcycle to go to work. And yes it was COLD.

Yes that is cold. The coldest temps I remember was leaving a Montana motel coming home from a trip to Washington several years ago It started out at 18deg. and warmed only to 28deg. the entire day. Back then I heard about heated gear but didn't take advantage of it , let alone ATGATT. So my gig back then was two layers of thermal underwear , my trusty Carhartt and the real difference maker was a rain suit that fit over the jacket and pants. That rain suit really cut the brunt of that cold air. Without that I'd a been one hurting dude. What amazes me is how stable two wheels "can" be when traveling through ice and snow.

Glad you were able to sneak out for a ride. I can't imagine not being able to ride all winter. I hope you have a few more surprise "decent weather" days.

It's not to often one get's to ride in Dec. here in MN. Took a little jaunt over to a creamery in WI. to pick some cheese for the Holiday's a couple weeks ago. Temp. was a balmy 40deg. Yesterdays ride was at 24deg. I welcomed my Gerbings heated jacket. Have the gloves and the socks but did not wear them which turned that ride into a shorter one. Next time I'm putting them on hoping to get a ride in each month this winter...
View attachment 27879

Same spot and 16deg. warmer. Much smaller snow pile , we like that. We'll see what March brings for snow. That can be our heaviest month for snow. I think Indiana to the N.E. coast got most of our snow:):(...
untitled.jpg

I'm in my office at work and looking out the window all I can see is bare grass with the only snow visible is what was piled up this past winter, only very small piles. It is 46 degrees right now.

Back