• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Coolant level

jayceegee

Reaction score
Visit site
One would think that checking the coolant level would be easy. I easily found the coolant level indicators on the holding tank, easy to see low level and full level lines BUT I will be darned if I can actually see the fluid level through the cloudy plastic tank. I nudged the bike hoping that the coolant would move so I could see the level but no such luck. I took off the fill cap and took a flashlight hoping I would see the fluid but did not. I then inserted a small zip tie down a few inches and it came out wet. I know there is coolant in there but how in the heck can I see the level through the cloudy tank ? Any suggestions would be welcomed.
The bike runs great, just doing some checks for maintenance is all.

First, to check the level the bike has to be vertical, so not on the side stand. I use a flashlight, held behind the tank, aimed towards me, to back light it. This makes it easy to see the fluid level.

First, to check the level the bike has to be vertical, so not on the side stand. I use a flashlight, held behind the tank, aimed towards me, to back light it. This makes it easy to see the fluid level.

Back Light !! That's the ticket. Don't know why that escaped my mind --- Thanks for the response.

Where do you hold the light? I have not actually checked the coolant level on my new bike yet, and I don't really know where to look. Thank you.

Where do you hold the light? I have not actually checked the coolant level on my new bike yet, and I don't really know where to look. Thank you.

The holding tank levels can be seen on the very bottom right side of bike (as your sitting on it, left side if you are looking at the headlight). You actually have to get on your knees and bend all the way over to see it. Also, the refill cap is a little black plastic cap that is in front of the holding tank. So, I had my wife hold the flash light on the opposite side and was able to see the fluid line, which was a bit low. Another way to put this into perspective is --- if I did it anyone can do it :)

Back