• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin Seats?

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Corbin, in my experience, are idiots!

This is the second time they have:
- lost my order
- insisted I call them on the phone
- told me I'd have to wait a month for one of their precious seats.

I will NEVER attempt to do business with Corbin again!

Now, I'm back to having nothing to ride on....
I'll probably go back to "Sargent" since "Russel Day Long" is stoooooopidly EXPENSIVE.

Anyone want to sell their old stock seat to a stupid, angry, person?

Luckily I'm only a few hours away, I've ridden in for two different bikes and all went well.

Last edited:
no pan here... I'll have to choose a company who supplies one. Preferably one that doesn't take a month to put one together and ship it.

Last edited:
Man I read this too late. I have two custom NC seats, one a Seat Concepts and the other done by a local seat legend. I would have sold one.

Consider yourself very lucky. Not only does Corbin customer service suck, but their seat quality for the NC is questionable at times with most people having very poor fitment and even some seats being delivered with small tears in the back. There are very long threads from circa 2013 which you should search and read for an hour. You will be thanking God you didn't do business with them. Why not try Shad? Sometimes their customer service is iffy but not like Corbin. Doesn't matter how good the Russel Day Long seat is, the price is ludicrous.

My experience with Sargent is excellent FWIW and my skinny behind does well on a Sargent. On the NC I have to lift the nose of the saddle about 3/4" to get the middle of the saddle flat. The factory is here and the people have been great to me. The latest Sargent developed a couple of foam blemishes under the cover and they built me a new saddle rather than fiddling around with refoaming it. The new saddle took 24 hours and that included stopping a production run of something else and vacuum forming a single new NC seat pan rather that reusing the old one. I'm sure it cost way more than a warranty repair ought to and was frankly more than I expected and would have been happy with.

Doesn't matter how good the Russel Day Long seat is, the price is ludicrous.

By the time you buy a Shad, Seat Concepts, and Sargent only to find that none work for you, the Russell might be about the same price as those three. I don't have a Russell, but I can see how this can happen.

heres my pennies worth.
judging by the mileage you do strat
it might sound expensive but your *** will love for it.
those seat looks so comfortable.
I'm sure alot of work has gone into them ....bl**dy elly they even have springs in them.
what is more is you can transfer it to your next nc.

What makes the Russel Day Long even more ludicrous is you don't even get a full separate seat from them. You have to provide your seat which they then retrofit. You can try to rationalize it all day long but a fool and his money....

And if it doesn't, who's going to admit it? Judged by the number seen for sale perfection is still elusive.

I would bet that it was either the short-of-inseam or people changing bikes that choose to sell the seat separately. I am sure it happens, but i don't recall hearing from anyone who gave one up because it was not comfortable.

What makes the Russel Day Long even more ludicrous is you don't even get a full separate seat from them. You have to provide your seat which they then retrofit. You can try to rationalize it all day long but a fool and his money....

Yes, you can buy an ill-fitting Corbin for less. My history with Sargent though is that they fit very well. I have owned two of them and they were good seats. I sold the last one (on my R1150) to move up to a Russell before a trip to Alaska. I have three bikes and three Russell seats. In all, I have owned seven of them. I haven't called anyone a fool for not having one, nor do I believe that to be the case. How many of them have you owned to have the information to call all of their customers fools?

pot.jpg

Post Deleted.

Personal attacks are strictly forbidden.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a Seat Concepts, haven't had a chance to use it yet. If my backside is not happy the RDL will be my next seat.

Last edited:
I went for a 3 hour ride today and I remembered this thread. If I'm going to make the NC my main method of transport I'm going to have to do something about that stock seat. Anyone have any luck with airhawk or other pads?

Back