• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Customs charges.

Ged

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like other bike owners to be aware of the situation of buying goods from the E.U. following the U.K. leaving, after brexit.I ordered,and paid,for a set of engine bars for my NC750S from Germany at a cost of £147 including delivery. When there was no sign of the bars after a few weeks i made enquiries and discovered they were in the delivery depot where they would remain until i sent £48 customs charge to HMRC. Nobody had informed of this but i didn't have much choice but to pay it, if i ever wanted to see the bars. What had seemed ,initially, like a fair price was not now quite so reasonable. This is the new reality of buying goods from Europe following Brexit and It is what it is i suppose but i feel it is only fair that people are made aware of the extra costs involved.

Ged, do you live in the UK?

Just a few weeks ago I received some motorcycle luggage from Italy. It shipped and delivered FedEx to the USA with no issues or extra charges. Nonetheless I will watch future orders carefully.

Hi, yes i do thanks,Liverpool. There could be a trade agreement between USA and Italy, similar to what U.K. used to have with the E.U.i think so no customs charges.

I ordered Hepco & Becker luggage from the EU and had not additional charges. I think the EU is butthurt over Brexit because you guys sent a lot more tax dollars to the continent than they gave back to you.

Back