• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Danmoto Carbon GP Users, I have a question for you.

2014nc7xrider

Reaction score
Visit site
So my Carbon GP just came in I slapped it on and its is super easy...Were you able to seat the lower pipe all the way to the stop on the factory head pipe? Im hearing some gurgling and light popping while decelerating which would be a sign of an air leak and that would be the only area I could fix. Any Ideas, mine is not seated all the way but the pipe was far enough in there is no gas leaking out or so I can feel.

So my Carbon GP just came in I slapped it on and its is super easy...Were you able to seat the lower pipe all the way to the stop on the factory head pipe? Im hearing some gurgling and light popping while decelerating which would be a sign of an air leak and that would be the only area I could fix. Any Ideas, mine is not seated all the way but the pipe was far enough in there is no gas leaking out or so I can feel.

Heh heh, the entire outlet of the pipe is an "air leak" lol :D I'm sure yours is just fine. Mine, like all of my free flowing aftermarket mufflers have been, pops and gurgles to beat the band. Part of their charm, doncha know! :)

I slid mine on as far as it would go, it doesn't reach the all the way to the ring that is welded to the stock pipe, but is on so there is no gap showing in the slits cut into the midpipe. The popping and such are the best part of a straight thru exhaust.

I got mine all the way on. I doubt that an air leak that far back in the system could cause popping. The gas is too cool at that point. Ride around for a while, then stop and feel your muffler. It gets warm, but not scalding hot. An air leak at the exhaust port-to-header pipe joint is about the only place hot enough to cause popping. Any popping is probably due to the bike's factory fuel map being lean. The "popping" was always there, it's just that the factory muffler was better at covering them up.

ok good deal iv had other bikes (2009 Road Star Warrior) It always poped alot but it was a common deal and unfixable, removing the air pump helped but if you all got it is sound good to me thanks

Nothing is "unfixable". Everything is a cost-benefit analysis that you have to decide for yourself. If you want to fix a factory lean condition on a carbureted bike, it is a matter of rejetting the carb. On a Fuel Injected bike, you can install an aftermarket fuel programmer. Removing accessories like secondary air injection can also help. The question is just how much time and money do you want to spend.

My Danmoto pipe connections are not perfect either. I sprayed the internal and external mating surfaces with Copper Spray-A-Gasket before installing and it helped. You could also use a high-temp RTV silicone, but removal of the pipe would be more labor intensive in the future.

Its becouse your air:fuel ratio changed. Decreased or increased it dependse on the pipe. Its normal, it means that you should set it correctly with a power commander, but dont be afraid, its not a big thing!

Back