• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Date in dash

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Some one earlier wished me a happy 123123 aka 12-31-23 which reminded me the date in the electronics 0n my 2021 DCT is set up, not in US mode, but in the rest of most of the world mode, so the date on the dash reads 31122023 (31-12-2023). Whenever I click on it, it confuses me for a second thinking what the heck is that? until I remember its the date in Euro mode.

Anyone know if there's a way to set it to the US date system?

Maybe it’s time the world got in sync with itself regarding date formats. I was just looking this type of thing up in another forum. I found:
“When dates are represented with numbers they can be interpreted in different ways. For example, 01/05/22 could mean January 5, 2022, or May 1, 2022. On an individual level this uncertainty can be very frustrating, in a business context it can be very expensive. Organizing meetings and deliveries, writing contracts and buying airplane tickets can be very difficult when the date is unclear.

ISO 8601 tackles this uncertainty by setting out an internationally agreed way to represent dates:

YYYY-MM-DD

Where I used to work, we agreed to the format 31-Dec-2023 to lessen ambiguity. We were not allowed to used MM/DD/YY. At any rate, I guess if one can’t modify the NC’s format, perhaps a person could recalibrate their brain.

Maybe it’s time the world got in sync with itself regarding date formats. I was just looking this type of thing up in another forum. I found:
“When dates are represented with numbers they can be interpreted in different ways. For example, 01/05/22 could mean January 5, 2022, or May 1, 2022. On an individual level this uncertainty can be very frustrating, in a business context it can be very expensive. Organizing meetings and deliveries, writing contracts and buying airplane tickets can be very difficult when the date is unclear.

ISO 8601 tackles this uncertainty by setting out an internationally agreed way to represent dates:

YYYY-MM-DD

Where I used to work, we agreed to the format 31-Dec-2023 to lessen ambiguity. We were not allowed to used MM/DD/YY. At any rate, I guess if one can’t modify the NC’s format, perhaps a person could recalibrate their brain.
Totally agree, I'm an ISO 8601 evangelist.

Yes, the date is easily changed to a USA standard. The date settings are on pages 43-46 of my 2022 owner's manual. I seem to recall when I got mine 2 years ago that I had to change the date to USA standard, so it must be pretty simple if I managed to do it. Hang on a second. My old brain is getting foggier by the day. Perhaps it was the time format I changed as I just checked my dash and today's date is 230102. Old age, the gift that keeps on giving. Apologies for the bum information. Looks like we all have to be internationalists now.;) Hang on another second! What am I talking about 230102. It's 240102. Someone shoot me now before it's too late.

Last edited:
Back