• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dawson to Whitehorse luck runs out

what next

Reaction score
Visit site
So I slept in late just to cold to crawl out of tent. The road Whitehorse to Dawson has a lot of gravel sections almost as many gravel miles as top of the world. 23 miles out of Whitehorse things are not right kinda wiggly . Yup i run another mile but I know it, so as I slow down tire collapses. Darn I real wanted to head home put some miles on. I find a nice hole just off the center it offers no resistance to reamer takes 2 plugs easy. A nice young man on dirt bike had stopped he is calling Whitehorse to find a tire for me. I don't expect it to hold air but darn pumps up to 40. So I kept it under 40 mph rode the 23 miles to town. The Honda dealer was closed but some guys were around back he didn't think they had anything in my size. One our members works at Honda if you see this and have a tire I am at Family Hotel. Monday morning I will be calling all over looking for a tire. ?? what other size could I use to get home another 3500 miles.

I believe I read somewhere on this form that someone put a 180-55/17 on there bike and on advrider another put on a 5.10 17 on. I will start looking checking asap.

So I slept in late just to cold to crawl out of tent. The road Whitehorse to Dawson has a lot of gravel sections almost as many gravel miles as top of the world. 23 miles out of Whitehorse things are not right kinda wiggly . Yup i run another mile but I know it, so as I slow down tire collapses. Darn I real wanted to head home put some miles on. I find a nice hole just off the center it offers no resistance to reamer takes 2 plugs easy. A nice young man on dirt bike had stopped he is calling Whitehorse to find a tire for me. I don't expect it to hold air but darn pumps up to 40. So I kept it under 40 mph rode the 23 miles to town. The Honda dealer was closed but some guys were around back he didn't think they had anything in my size. One our members works at Honda if you see this and have a tire I am at Family Hotel. Monday morning I will be calling all over looking for a tire. ?? what other size could I use to get home another 3500 miles.

Really late response but I was in Hospital at this time..... I stopped at the WhiteHorse Honda June 10 and they had a Met Tourance in stock (rear) and apologized I had to wait for 30min for them to get a rack free to make the change. Since I have capital one (auto makes currency exchanges no fee) the new tire and install was only $279.00 .... shame I crashed 6/11 and only got about 300 miles on new tire :-( .... my original rear was not giving problems but the tread was down and would not make the 3000+ miles back to TX so I just bought a new one.

Really late response but I was in Hospital at this time..... I stopped at the WhiteHorse Honda June 10 and they had a Met Tourance in stock (rear) and apologized I had to wait for 30min for them to get a rack free to make the change. Since I have capital one (auto makes currency exchanges no fee) the new tire and install was only $279.00 .... shame I crashed 6/11 and only got about 300 miles on new tire :-( .... my original rear was not giving problems but the tread was down and would not make the 3000+ miles back to TX so I just bought a new one.

I got a tire from the Yamaha dealer, spent Sunday walking around town. Monday morning they had me fixed up in an hour. Another guy was going to have to wait a couple of days. If they don't have a tire in stock they really try to get it shipped in from another dealer. It take a long time to get it from states.

How are you doing, gboswellsac? Are you at home?

How are you doing, gboswellsac? Are you at home?

Sorry I do not get to the forum much anymore as my main ride is a Permoble M300 electric chair. Spent moth in rehab and now have home health (last week I believe) so getting around better, but hard to deal with nothing chest down. Guess I was lucky in that I can breathe and have full arm movement and control. Still wish I was on the X. All was my bad as I dozed off on Hwy1 just south of Toad Jct. and hit a pole on the side of road. If I can I'll write up a report on the entire trip where I learned lots of things 1) Have Health ins coverage for Canada, 2) Set the bike up for primitive stops (ie side stand and center stand) 3) Take 1/2 of what you think you need (overloaded X is hard to see #2) , 4) Make sure your gear is weather proof (Thankfully Alaska Leather in Anchorage helped a bunch and at great price and attitude) , 5) Take care of yourself (eat and drink lots of fluids) 6) stop and take in the moment (especially the Big Brown bear in my lane not wanting to move...) ..

Hope you are enjoying the CA HU event.

Sorry I do not get to the forum much anymore as my main ride is a Permoble M300 electric chair. Spent moth in rehab and now have home health (last week I believe) so getting around better, but hard to deal with nothing chest down. Guess I was lucky in that I can breathe and have full arm movement and control. Still wish I was on the X. All was my bad as I dozed off on Hwy1 just south of Toad Jct. and hit a pole on the side of road. If I can I'll write up a report on the entire trip where I learned lots of things 1) Have Health ins coverage for Canada, 2) Set the bike up for primitive stops (ie side stand and center stand) 3) Take 1/2 of what you think you need (overloaded X is hard to see #2) , 4) Make sure your gear is weather proof (Thankfully Alaska Leather in Anchorage helped a bunch and at great price and attitude) , 5) Take care of yourself (eat and drink lots of fluids) 6) stop and take in the moment (especially the Big Brown bear in my lane not wanting to move...) ..

Hope you are enjoying the CA HU event.

Glad to see you are at home. HU in NC on the 8th of October, a number of us are going.

Last edited:
Back