• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT Sand, Mud, Water and Rocks Test

NCJim

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a complete novice off road. I wanted to try my DCT off road and today was the day. While the DCT is certainly not built for off road, I was very satisfied with what I was able to take on today. I found the manual shift mode was easy to control and easy regulate speed and torque.

What I learned today:

Stock tires are poor for sand and mud. I had to keep feet down and speeds very slow in order to be ready for the back end get loose. I still was able to go through the slippery stuff with stock tires. I plan to keep them on until worn and replace with more of a dual purpose tire.

DCT manual mode works very well.

Suspension did well all things considered. I was not flying around but some of the rocks and holes were pretty big and I did fine

I am exhausted. My muscles are sore. Off road is a good work out!

I fell once. I lost the backend on a sidehill, greasy mud section. I reran the same spot later and used my momentum better. I also got better at picking lines as the time went on.

Overall, what a blast today. Tomorrow I plan to hit some gravel roads and take it a little easy.

So far, love my DCT!

I would highly recommend a skid plate if you do much off road riding. Mine has taken a beating and saved the bike on several occasions.

I have done some gravel, decent two track, and some atv trail with my new DCT. Not being interested in a dump I was conservative.
I used the manual mode. I really appreciate how easy it was compared to doing the same riding with my manual transmission model.

Back