• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

manual to dct?

newride

Reaction score
Visit site
1. Can I simply have a shop move my 2012 manual NC700X wheels to a 2014 NC700X ABS bike or can that not be done? I just had new tires put on my bike.
2. Did Honda cut out the side back plastic on the 2014 for the Honda bag mounts? On the 2012 model, you had to cut out a bit of plastic on each side as I recall.

Guy has a used 2014 dct, and of course, it comes with abs. Not aware of any other changes between the two years. There is a used 2018 nc750x dct for $1,750 more than the 2014, that comes with a Delkevic muffler. Both have windscreens. Both same 30k miles on them.

Will go see the 2014 this afternoon. If purchased would move my spotlights and maybe Madstad windscreen over though as I type this it occurs to me that my 2012 has heated grips so don't know how hard that would be to change them over.

May end up just keeping my 2012 manual. Hate to say it though at times it is just not as much fun to change gears in city traffic as it was in the old days...when not retired and much much younger.

Not really looking to spend $ per say though the 2014 asking price is nice presently. Have a 2019 goldwing tour dct with airbag so comfortable with that dct transmission. I know they improved it since then on the wing and likewise, at some year, on the NC model.

Even talked myself into a bmw ce04, without a hang over. It is an ok ride and being an EV does make it different. Just not great suspension travel I would say plus limited range. It is a kick to ride though since it makes no engine sound.

Last edited:
1) The only difference in the NC wheels, that I know of, it the rings for the ABS sensor. As long as those are transferred to stay with the ABS motorcycle, the wheels should be compatible.
2) I’m pretty sure beginning with 2013, Honda had modified the rear cowl design so that cutting was no longer required when installing the OEM luggage mounts.

You can verify some or all of this by comparing parts between model years in illustrated parts listings common at on-line parts sellers.

No cutting required on the back starting in 2013 (I have a 2013). Wheels are interchangeable (I have a 2018 front wheel on my 2013-plug and play), just move over the abs sensor ring.

Back