• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DIY GPS or Phone Holder made with a radiator hose

Gibsito

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I would add this "how to" for a DIY GPS holder I recently added to my NC. I've only taken one ride with this mount so far (about 65 miles) but it held my GPS just fine even hitting a couple of decent bumps along the way that had me off the seat an inch or so. Total spent - about $12.

SUPPLIES NEEDED
Supplies.jpgSupplies - Zipties.jpg
1 - Radiator hose - A 1-1/4" ID hose worked for my 3" tall GPS. Gates part no. GAT 28445 from an auto parts store. Ordered mine from O'Reilly's. If your GPS is a different size you'll have to figure out which hose size works for you
4 - L brackets, 1.5 inch
6 - 10/24 x 1/2 inch screws
6 - 10/24 nylon lock nuts
2 - zip ties, at least 10 inch
Small amount of glue (RV Goop or something similar)

Tools:
Phillips screwdriver
Utility Knife (to cut radiator hose)
Small wrench (to hold nuts)
Wrench for your handlebar bolts (12mm on NC700X)
Metal cutting saw (optional)

Instructions:

Cut L Bracket.jpg
1. Cut off one bolt hole from two of the L brackets. The remaining hole will bolt to the handlebars. This step is optional - you could just bolt the L brackets to the handlebars as is

Drill L Bracket.jpg
2. Drill out remaining hole on the two cut L brackets to match your handlebar bolts (5/16" drill bit for NC700X)

Bend L Bracket.jpg
3. If desired, bend two remaining (uncut) L brackets up so GPS will tilt toward rider

Bolt Brackets to Handlbar Bolts.jpg
4. Torque the cut L brackets to handlebar bolts, then bolt the uncut L brackets to them with four 10/24 screws and nuts

Measure Hose.jpg
5. Measure and cut radiator hose so it is 1.25 inches (32 mm) longer than GPS width

Bolt Hose to L Brackets.jpg
6. Split radiator hose longways, drill mount holes aligned with L bracket holes, and bolt it to the L brackets using the two remaining 10/24 screws and nylock nuts

Notch Hose and Add Zipties.jpg
7. Put GPS in hose, positioned as desired, mark hose at 4 corners of GPS and cut notches wide and deep enough for zip ties. These notches will help keep the zip ties from sliding off of the hose
8. Add zip ties, tighten until GPS is snug, cut off excess, then glue zip ties to back of hose (so they don't fall off when you take the GPS out). Leave GPS in hose until the glue is dried.

GPS Mount Complete.jpg
9. Take it for a test ride.

Last edited:
Back