• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Domestic parts percentage?

bo7o

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm interested in the domestic parts percentage of the NC700X. Does any one know, as far as I know it is supposed to be on the sales sticker of the bike.

I don't think it is as black and white as Harley == American, Honda == Japanese.
But getting the numbers is better than guessing!

Cheers,
Rob

I wasn't aware that any parts on the NCX were American-sourced. I understand the bikes to be Japanese-assembled, of Japanese- and/or other-sourced parts. Are _any_ of the parts sourced in the USA?

Manroney stickers listing domestic content are not required for motorcycles.

The NC700X is manufactured in Hamamatsu, Japan and I think it has zero domestic content. In press releases it was made known this is a very important motorcycle for Honda and build quality and finish were very important hence it was built in Japan and not in Thailand or India where Honda produces large numbers of motorcycles for both export and local markets.

It is not black and white .......... Harley uses Japanese suspension, electrical, and some brake components. If they didn't we might still have those miserable Harleys produced in the AMF Brunswick years. The tires Harley sells as replacements are Dunlops made in Japan.

Honda has about 25,000 workers in the US associated with manufacturing. About 140,000 more work in sales and marketing and tens of thousands more work in about 600 OEM parts supply firms. The economic impact two years ago was estimated at $17 billion in the USA. They operate 9 manufacturing plants and have invested $12.5 billion in the US with over $200 million in the last two years.

Thanks dduelin for your comprehensive answer.

While I'm not absolutist about buying American, I do like to consider it. My Honda Civic was made in Ohio!

I think the truth is that there's no American manufacturer that makes the style of bike I want. The HD sportster is the lightest and it is over 500 lbs I think, and among other things doesn't have the low center of gravity of the NC700.

Your Civic may have been ASSEMBLED in Ohio, but most of the parts weren't and the profits sure don't stay here.

Sadly the only thing that is still made 100% in the US are these little babies.
Made_in_China_Sticker-20111001.png

Actually most of that Civic was made in the USA with 55% or more domestic content. Honda is the highest percent domestic content of all imports at 63%. GM is 64%, Ford 65%, and Chrysler leads at 76%.

Back