• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help DTC readout using SCS connector - need help :)

mblast

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

It's my first time using this wonderful forum :) I own Honda NC 750XD /2019 model/. The last time when I was going to ride my NC something strange happened. Went to the garage, put it on central stand, started the engine end let it working couple of minutes. When I was ready with my riding gear I sit on the bike and try put it in D (drive), but noting happened. Then I saw a dash sign ( - ) blink in the gear indicator. I shut the engine off with the key and start it again. This time I managed to select Drive mode but MIL (check engine) lamp lights up . I drove couple of kilometers and didn't notice anything unusual with the bike. After the third shut off and start the engine - MIL lamp disappeared. Then I've made a long day trip 500Km in the mountains and the bike feels perfectly fine to me. No more MIL or blinking lamps!

So today I decided to make myself a SCS connector to read the stored error codes. Attached the connector to the diagnostic plug (DLC connector) and With the [+] gear button pressed I turn the ignition key to ON position. Here is the result:

https://streamable.com/sqvctr

Can someone more experienced with DTC readout help me out with the exact DTC codes watching the video?

From what I see the ABS lamp is showing DTC 1-2 (front wheel sensor) or am I wrong? It's hard for me to get the DTC code from the gear indicator lamp also.

Thank you all :)

Last edited:
Yes, I'm aware of the problem with the bike on central stand and putting it in first gear or rotating the back wheel while the front one is static. Last month I actually did that (not on purpose) and the ABS lamp did light up straight away. Then I just turned the key off , restart the engine and everything was back to normal. I assume this DTC 1-2 code is stored in the memory since then.

My main concern is about the second DTC code from the gear shifting icon where dash ( - ) sign blinks. Any help with that ?

Really appreciate it..

Last edited:
Back