• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help NC750X Check engine on, clear error codes

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi NC people,

I got new NC750XA 2023 with 2000km on it. After I washed the bike, and then installed GIVI engine guards, rear rack for top case I started the bike and got Engine Check on, and as well Torque light constantly on. I give a ride for 20mins to warm up the bike but lights still goes on.
As well the power is decreased of the bike, seems like the engine is set to some kind of Safe mode.
Have anyone of you encountered the similar issue?
It might have happened that water goes in some places where it shouldn't go and clear of codes is needed.
I have OBD2 and cable to connect to the machine but still haven't find any proper software to scan the error codes or clear the error codes.
What I tried so far:
1. tried to turn off/on multiple times
2. turned off the battery
3. check all visible connectors for water
4. lastly i disconnected the battery for 24h, still haven't connect, today I will connect and see if the error is still there.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Problem solved, It was the cable that goes to the ignition coil. Probably was disconnected when I washed the NC with the high pressure washer.
For the analysis I used OBD II connector and Torque Pro android application, showing error code: P0352 ignition coil b location.
I followed the cable coming from the spark to the ignition coil and then I saw the disconnected connector under the plastic on the right side. Anyway weird case... :)
Cheers

Problem solved, ... I washed the NC with the high pressure washer.
...Cheers
At one point I wanted to respond to your request for help with my initial question about whether you were using pressure washing, which could have caused the problems you were having. But I gave up on asking because it seemed too obvious against doing such things.
In almost every owner's manual for various vehicles, a similar notice and warning is included by the manufacturer, such as the one in the 2018 NC750X/XD Owner's Manual.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 212546.jpg

Problem solved, It was the cable that goes to the ignition coil. Probably was disconnected when I washed the NC with the high pressure washer.
For the analysis I used OBD II connector and Torque Pro android application, showing error code: P0352 ignition coil b location.
I followed the cable coming from the spark to the ignition coil and then I saw the disconnected connector under the plastic on the right side. Anyway weird case... :)
Cheers
Interesting diagnosis Alek. Good job !
In my case, after trying to jump start my nc750x 2020 manage to start with compression being pushed by a friend (had forgotten my fog light connected directly to the battery!!! Poor installation that I’m working on ) ,
I got the check engine light on with the Abs blinking. Recharged battery 100% ( tested by a special shop , battery is still good ) ABS should go has I ride but not check engine…
Basically,(sorry for this maybe stupid question but in the manual, I can’t find the CONECTOR for the OBD diagnostic… we’re is it ? I find that the manual is pretty poor in information like this on …

Thanks for your help !
DV.

Hey DeVito,

The connector in my case was 6 pin red connector just next to the battery. I guess it should be on the 2020 model the same.
You can't missed it just open the lid where the battery is.
I hope i helped

Cheers,
Aleksandar

Thanks for your fast reply. I do not see it but I suspect that the previous owner (who installed the extra fog lights) has moved some wires in the battery sector. I’ll keep on looking but it could be that the OBD2 plug was installed on 2021 model + .
Here is what I see ( I undid the direct connection of the fog light to the battery to properly connect them)

Attachments

• IMG_1894.jpeg
    IMG_1894.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
Back