• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dude travels the world on his NC700X.

SleepyC

Reaction score
Visit site
Found this by accident while I was Youtubing some NC maintenance videos.
Dude quit his job, sold all his stuff and bought an NC700X, adventured it out and is traveling the world!
I gave him a follow... Just will be neat to see how the bike does!

YouTube

me+and+2.JPG

Last edited:
I sent him a message via his website last night and he replied today.
I invited him to the forum and let him know we were following his travels .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, it's the "Dude"! I wanted to thank Netizen for informing me of this forum. I wasn't aware there was such a great community for NC700Xs. So far the bike has performed perfectly and the engine guard is doing wonders; especially with the endless speedbumps​! I'm currently in La Ceiba, Honduras and will be heading south tomorrow to the Valle de Angeles.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, it's the "Dude"! I wanted to thank Netizen for informing me of this forum. I wasn't aware there was such a great community for NC700Xs. So far the bike has performed perfectly and the engine guard is doing wonders; especially with the endless speedbumps​! I'm currently in La Ceiba, Honduras and will be heading south tomorrow to the Valle de Angeles.

I was living in Africa for couple years and have the same skid plate, it was the best thing I did and it has paid itself more times than you would believe :D

Ride safe!

I didn't see you replace the stock seat. Your butt doing okay?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following every step - thanks so much for posting the videos!!!

Don

Hey everyone, it's the "Dude"! I'm currently in La Ceiba, Honduras and will be heading south tomorrow to the Valle de Angeles.
Plus +1 Welcome to the forum and good luck. Some of us may catch up to you as you make your way south.

I had some questions about your document list.

Fl. License - Do you also have an international license with m/c endorsement (from AAA)?
Fl. Motorcycle Insurance - Does your hometown m/c insurance policy cover you internationally?
Fl. Vehicle Registration - Do you also need your title? If you still have a bank loan on your bike, did the bank authorize taking it outside of the USA?
Health Insurance - Do you have any that can be used internationally?

How far south are your current plans taking you, Argentina?

Ray

I didn't see you replace the stock seat. Your butt doing okay?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha there are times I wish I had, but overall it hasn't been too bad. I've found that 8 hours is my limit. Anything after that and I'm begging to be done riding for the day.

Hey "Dude".. sorry I guess I should have used your name when I posted, but anyways welcome! I find your Blog pretty interesting.
I'd love a bit more background story... like what were you doing, how did you save or plan for extended travel, what did your old job think? Family?
FILL US IN!

Great group of guys here, I think you find you will be cheered on you Epic Ride!

Haha there are times I wish I had, but overall it hasn't been too bad. I've found that 8 hours is my limit. Anything after that and I'm begging to be done riding for the day.
These threads are worth pursuing when you have the time. The first is mainly about raising the front of the seat .75' to 1" to change the slope and can be done several different ways, pretty simple though the thread is long: Seat mod......slope change

The second thread is about a non-permeable 3D mesh seat cover that adds some plushness and ventilation, and is especially nice in heat and/or wet conditions: Sit&Fly / Sit & Fly Seat Cover. I've used one on my dirt bike for years as well; it's tough and conforms to the shape and doesn't shift around, really improves an even less comfortable seat. Just need to have a place where the cheap item can be shipped to you, and some zip ties and something to cut the 3D mesh material with.

^^^^^ two cheap and easy seat upgrades that no one has regretted doing.

Welcome to the forum Dude. I'm sure that you are living a dream of 90% of forum members, including myself.
1+ on SleepyC's comment.

Luckily there doesn't appear to be any major damage done! Let's not make this a habit.

YouTube

Last edited:
Fantastic! Loved the rock slide and heard of cattle/horses. Video and sound quality is 10/10.

Back