• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dyno Testing

n30r3l0ad3d

Reaction score
Visit site
This is more of a plea than anything, but it's worth a shot.

Can anyone take their NC700X to a local place that has a dyno machine and do a run with an aftermarket air filter and or pipe? I really want to put my curiosity to rest, as to whether or not it actually does anything for the NC in the way of horsepower increase. I would do it, but the nearest dyno testing place is about 400 miles to my south, and I won't get any time off work in the near future to do a trip.

If there is a video out there showing this, my apologies but I could not find one using the search feature. Youtube came up a bust as well.

Stock dyno run:

[video=youtube;DjvV08fjr00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjvV08fjr00[/video]

Last edited:
The closest thing I know of, is in the thread titled fuel controller started by Ztech, page 4, it shows the power gains from the Bazzaz fuel controller however that bike had a slip on pipe so you could consider the base line the chart what you are looking for, then compare it to the one in my avatar icon, lol. I found it somewhere I'm sure a google search would turn it up again in a size you can read!

To do it right the same dyno would have to be used for a before and after test of the same bike and corrected for temperature and humidity.

I do not believe I have ever seen any manufacture advertise a bike's horse power. I have seen some manufactures try to confuse us with cc and cubic inches. Last year was the first time I have ever seen any companies publish miles per gallon. All these things have always been the companies trade secrets.

So true dduelin. What I will do if nobody else does, is make the trip down if I can this year to get it done. Have a before and after run, and put this to rest.

To do it right the same dyno would have to be used for a before and after test of the same bike and corrected for temperature and humidity.

I have read many a thread on this exact same question with Jeeps. I installed a RIPP supercharger in my wrangler with long tube headers. The company that makes the package has several video posts of dyno runs on their jeep, before and after. I have pretty much the exact same setup and my results were different when my jeep was dyno'd. I quickly learned that you can only use someone else’s results as a guide. Lots of factors come into play. Age of vehicle, wear of engine, barometric pressures, and the list goes on. Although mine were close they were not same. Obviously the jeep is a bad example because tuning is involved too.

I have read many a thread on this exact same question with Jeeps. I installed a RIPP supercharger in my wrangler with long tube headers. The company that makes the package has several video posts of dyno runs on their jeep, before and after. I have pretty much the exact same setup and my results were different when my jeep was dyno'd. I quickly learned that you can only use someone else’s results as a guide. Lots of factors come into play. Age of vehicle, wear of engine, barometric pressures, and the list goes on. Although mine were close they were not same. Obviously the jeep is a bad example because tuning is involved too.

Totally agree. Still waiting for you to send me that pic of your jeep btw.

Basically what I want to accomplish here is whether or not it actually increases horsepower.

My question is why? The bike is a 51hp at the crank and no matter what we do, it is not going to get much of a power boost. Want more horsepower, go buy a bike with more horsepower. Trying to get more hp out of a stock, computer controlled FI bike which has a rev limiter on it may just cause problems.

My question is why? The bike is a 51hp at the crank and no matter what we do, it is not going to get much of a power boost. Want more horsepower, go buy a bike with more horsepower. Trying to get more hp out of a stock, computer controlled FI bike which has a rev limiter on it may just cause problems.

This has nothing to do with me personally wanting to gain more horsepower, as it is more of my own curiosity. People claim putting a slip on and adding a high flow air filter give the bike more performance. That's why, I would like to see a dyno chart showing said performance increase, because I don't believe it.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with me personally wanting to gain more horsepower, as it is more of my own curiosity. People claim putting a slip on and adding a high flow air filter give the bike more performance. That's why, I would like to see a dyno chart showing said performance increase, because I don't believe it.
There was some of this stuff at a german NC700 forum. Several tuning options were dynotested by users. It should be possible to google it. I think this matters, because it is not only about peak power but mostly about mid range power, which is much more important for a bike like the NC.

This one says LeoVince adds 0.9 PS (0.89 HP). Not a significant increase.
NC700X - Leistungsmessung - LeoVince - YouTube

He is a professional who did several modifications and some research documented at the german forum. He also announced he would modify his camshaft.

0,9PS of peak power is quite a lot of gain for an ordinary aftermarket can without anything else. Many of those cans do reduce peak power.
However, peak power is only one of several targets. I would always take a look at the whole chart. Especially for the NC I would never accept losses at medium rev level, while peak power would not matter that much to me.
I once had a fine Akrapovic for my Tenere, which did not raise peak power, but considerably raised midrange power. That was a lot more fun to ride. The NC Akrapovic does not behave this way. Actually one would not feel any performance gain, but at least I hope there are no losses, accoding to some rough video measures I took. No way to dyno the DCT, unfortunately.

He only showed the chart after putting LeoVince. (at 4.23')
The snapshot:
dyno leovince.jpg
From other website (http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/10/18/honda-nc700x-road-test/3/), the stock's chart:
NC700X-HP0Torque_DYNO.jpg

Comparing the stock and Leovince curves, both show similar shape (power and torque), hence i don't think there is a significant change of power character if the stock can is replaced by Leovince's.

The look and the sound of Leovince's on NC are indeed awesome. This is just my 2cents. :)

Last edited:
Still waiting for PowerCommander to produce the fuel management or maps for NC. Anyone got any news to share?

Available right now, at least over here:
- Wichtige Infos rund um Motortuning Cartuning Powercommander Chip Tuning
(german language)
They adapt some power commander to NC700 even with DCT and they are capable of dynoing the DCT.
However, they won't ship because installation is unusually complex according to their statement.
They also state the stock engine would be running extremely lean and there is bad throttle response and other problems. Honestly I personally do not experience such problems.
They also published some chart:
http://www.dzt-power.com/data/Image/leistungskurven/PC_Honda_NC700S_.JPG

Back