• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Engine Stuttering ??? Advice or Thoughts???

I would swap the fuel pump as had same symptoms on another bike and that was the cause ,the fitter said a faulty chip on the pump(didn't think the pump had a chip!) Bad grounds etc would put the bike into safe mode and the dash would tell you about it

Many if not all late model Honda motorcycles use the same fuel pump of course mounted in different assemblies. The same pump is used in many Honda automobiles and is commonly sold for $70 to $90 on line and about $100 to $120 in auto parts stores. Google 2000 Honda Accord fuel pump for many choices or try HFP-382. While many folks are in Fuzzy's position and it makes sense to replace the entire assembly with OEM some folks order an OEM fuel filter and R & R the pump with an aftermarket pump doing the labor themselves for about $120 - $150. I'm fortunate to have a garage, time, and tools and did this job at 120,000 miles on my ST1300 just because I plan on keeping the ST for a long time and want no problems on the road. Eventually someone will or already has replaced a NC700X pump with an HFP-382.

Except for my 2012 per Amazon it shoes it does NOT fit: https://www.amazon.com/HFP-382-Repl...automotive&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=motorcycle

Last edited:
Thanks dduelin, but it's vehicle specific and it didn't. While looking at another thread found this one which appears to work and states its's a direct replacement: Quantum T35 Intank Fuel Pump With Strainers For Honda NC700X / NC700XD 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018, Replaces Honda 16700-MGS-D33
You are correct. I first had clicked the link on a mobile device that did not have My Amazon Garage and the HFP-382 does not flag It Does Not Fit. I tried it on my laptop a few minutes ago which has My Garage vehicle cookies and it shows Does Not Fit Your NC700X.

Back