• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ever regretted selling???

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I regretted selling this T500 that I restored between 2003/04.
dsc00159.jpg

dsc00153a.jpg

dsc00154.jpg

dsc00157q.jpg

Once upon a time, I had my first bike, a Kawa KDX200SR.
It was one of 6 in the country with the first batch of upside-down front forks.

It was about $7500 new.
I won it from a bet from my father, who swore I could not pass the motorcycle license test.
I did. :p

After 1 year and a "nasty" first accident, my mother made me sell it. I was 18.
I sold it for about $6500?

After 2 weeks, the traffic office banned 2-strokes (this one in particular, at least), and the price went up to $14000 (used ones).

WTF!

I can tell you this, I'm not going to sell my NC because I believe it will end up being a classic. Especially the first model year.

One bike I regret selling is my Suzuki GT750 as when talking to some guys on the Kettle Club stand at a a classic bike show at the NEC I discovered that mine was quite a rare model and worth quite a bit to collectors these days. In fact one of the guys tried to tell me that it was never done in these colours until told different by another guy who is apparently the clubs Guru
img174_zpsd713f5b9.jpg

I had move 2 years ago and I couldn't take all my bikes with me. So I sold one of my bikes, the 2001 Triumph Bonneville T-100 (red/silver) to buy another bike at the new location. I needed for a quick sale so I priced it to move, and it did.

I've long lusted after the "standard" bike of the yesteryear. My dad had a Honda CB when I was growing in the 70s. Maybe that's when the seed was planted in me. I just love how those bikes look. I do miss that Bonnie. I daydream on CL every now and then, to see if I can find another good used one near me.

I haven't owned enough to regret any, but I was a big fan of both the Suzuki's when I was a kid and dreamed of having them. They look great in the rear view. Is that a chain oiler on the 500?

When I set my mind to it, I can do anything.....
Perhaps he was setting me up...
:p

My oldest son used to day dream about becoming a pilot or working in the field of aeronautics. For his 16th birthday, I purchased him two flight lessons from a local small airfield. After dark, I drove him down the side street that dead ended at the hangar which had the advertised flight lessons painted on the entire back wall of the hangar. He had no idea why we took that ride until I turned on the high beams that illuminated the sign. His reaction to reading that sign was my Christmas gift!

Last edited:
Desperately regret selling these two the most out of all of them over the years, but life is life. :(

1981 Yamaha RD350LC

1982 Honda CX500Turbo

Yep, regret selling my water buffalo, 500 titan, 850 Norton, 73 Z-1......New Bikes are Nice...er to ride,

There are 3 things about my father that I feel helped shape my future. The most obvious one was that he worked on the railway and in those days it was almost compulsory to have a relation working there if you wanted a railway job.
Second was the bit of advice that he gave which was "It's not the things that you do that you live to regret but the things that you don't do"
Thirdly as I was coming up to my 16th birthday I wanted his permission to get a motorbike. So that he couldn't really say something like "They are too dangerous" I stood against the mantalpiece on which stood his motorcycling trophies and asked him. He agreed on two conditions which were that I always wore a helmet and I didn'tget a scooter

Honda had a turbo bike? How small was the turbo?

:eek:

Smallest turbocharger ever made, at the time:

This is what they looked like stock, I didn't care for it even though the paint was spectacular in quality. I changed out to a deep, glossy, wet look black, and it entirely changed the look and somehow the "feel" of the bike.

Back