• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

extra weight on the DCT version

Rob8861

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

unfortunately, my dealer doesn't have the DCT version on hand , only the manual version, so i won't be able to try it until it comes in. Honda claims that the DCT is 25lbs heavier than the manual one. For those of you who own the DCT, have you noticed any significant difference? does the bike feel nimble, even with the extra 25lb? When I sat down on the manual version, it felt light and easy to control.

my current scooter weights about 490lb, but the seat its much lower. i wonder if I would feel a big difference on the NC DCT. I also plan on getting a top box.

thanks,

I've owned both a manual transmission and a DCT version and they are nearly identical in feel and handling. I cannot tell the difference in the weight.

The added weight is at or just below the center of gravity of the machine and the NC has a very low CG to begin with. The low CG is key to why these bikes feel lighter than they are. This motorcycle is nimble and easy to control.

The location of the dual clutches and the ABS controller are both low on the bike so ideal for retaining a very low CG. :)

When I bought my NC I tried a Versys and a V-Strom and they both felt top-heavy compared to the NC DCT even though they both weigh less. As mentioned in the above two posts, that low center of gravity really makes a difference. A loaded top box will change that though. I have a top case for my Zero and when I fill it up I do notice that the low-speed handling is affected. Haven't felt the need for a top box on the NC - the frunk can handle a lot of stuff.

I turned in a Burgman 650 for the NC in DCT. You won't believe the handling difference you'll feel on the Honda vs the Suzuki. It's a much improved ride.

I have ridden a few brands of scooters, and found the Suzuki Burgman to be the best of the scooters by far. However, the Burgman is not even in the ball park with the NC7. Like DirtFlier said: the wheels make the difference.

Thanks. That's good to know.
Hopefully I'll have my new NC by next week.

I own the Burgman 400 and I don't really like it. It's heavy, and the performance is worst than a Vespa 200. The only great thing about it is the storage.
I think the best maxi scooter is the TMAX.

Hi all,
I am planning on buying an NC700x DCT. I stopped by my local dealer yesterday, they only had the manual model as well. When i sat on it, it was amazing! i could not believe how light it felt.
I have a Suzuki DRZ, which is about 300 lbs. and it felt no heavier than it. I don't think the extra 25 lbs. will be felt at all because it will be down low.
If I thought I wanted one of these before, I really want one NOW!

Back