• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First ride report

newride

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice riding bike, lower shift points and a bit out of breath at times going up grades it seems though a down shift fixes that. Never test rode it before purchase though very happy thus far. Dealer in to tocca ga did good job for me.

Liking my madstad windscreen thu once hitting higher speeds wind does wrap around screen but no head buffing issue which was my primary issue to avoid thus would highly recommend it. Heated grips and center stand are nice. Horn sucks lol, like all gear switch placement locations, and white display at night.

Left over 2012 model and like the silver, nice to have a clutch lever again :) especially at low speed riding...darn aprilia mana 850 clutch disengages at vey low speed, then again that ride has lots of power i feel.

Would recommend the nc700x to others if you don't need high rpm hp unless short legged or You would prefer the new ctx700 models coming out. Believe both lose the fake gas tank storage thu.

Last edited:
Glad you like the bike. I got to sit on the full decked ctx in Austin and I liked the seating position. Though I'm not sure why they even put a glove box on it. It's so small you can't even fit a balled up fist in it. The trunk was a big selling point for me and with the new trunk I just put on I have more room than I know what to do with for everyday commuting. Enjoy the bike!

I agree with you, coming off bigger more powerful bikes this is a different ride for me but I am liking the light weight. Play with the angle on Madstad I like mine.

Would recommend the nc700x to others if you don't need high rpm hp unless short legged or You would prefer the new ctx700 models coming out. Believe both lose the fake gas tank storage thu.

Welcome! Glad you got your bike!
It's a pleasure to ride.
Lose the storage?

Welcome from Oregon. Since I hadn't ridden anything else I had nothing to compare with, so the NC has plenty of zip for me.

Well will need go see the mileage though guessing it is getting nearer to 250+ at this point. Has been a fun ride thus far and still enjoying the clutch.

Wonder how much better the DCT is on this new generation model then my aprilia mana 850. On the aprilia the clutch will disengage below 10 miles per hour or so which is great coasting up to a light, less so when riding a low speeds. If one still has the throttle grip turned then power is still there though slight times when doing low speed turns it can feel a bit tricky. Hard to explain unless you rode it I would say.

This nc700x is really nice though need to leave it in Roswell ga for time being then catch a flight home later today. Then have to come back up to get it. Have to then decide which, if either bike, I would leave in Georgia for times I come up this way.

Will have to give that some more thought since the mana 850 does have more power though thinking the automatic would not be as useful in the mountains. Have to say though, with it having manual mode both on handle bar and left foot gear shifter it did ride nice taking those mountain curves when using it in manual mode.

It is just that the nc700x is so nice I could see enjoying it more in Florida plus I could ride it more there then I would with it being in ga.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome from Utah. Having multiple bikes and multiple riding venues must be complicated!

Honda's DCT and the Mana's transmissions are based on different technologies, I believe, but slow speed manoevering requires a steady throttle hand and a little practice on both from the sound of it.

Back