• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First somewhat long trip on the NC700x

fumanii

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is not a long trip for some of you but it was long for me. I rode from Los Angeles to Merced, CA which is about 300 miles. I did take a little detour through Visalia, Dinuba, and Fresno. The best thing was that it cost under $20 to get there. I averaged about 77mph. The only mod on my bike was the larger Honda windscreen. The bike felt effortless the whole way. Occasionally I got saddle sore but it wasn't bad on a stock seat

For luggage I had a Sedici tail bag and some small saddlebags that are made for dogs. They fit perfect on the NC and were really cheap. I was able to pack my laptop, few changes of clothes. The only drag was having to take off the tail bag when I gassed up.

I need to plan another few day getaway. I should have taken more pics. 2013-06-11 11.37.49.jpg

I know this is not a long trip for some of you but it was long for me. I rode from Los Angeles to Merced, CA which is about 300 miles. I did take a little detour through Visalia, Dinuba, and Fresno. The best thing was that it cost under $20 to get there. I averaged about 77mph. The only mod on my bike was the larger Honda windscreen. The bike felt effortless the whole way. Occasionally I got saddle sore but it wasn't bad on a stock seat

For luggage I had a Sedici tail bag and some small saddlebags that are made for dogs. They fit perfect on the NC and were really cheap. I was able to pack my laptop, few changes of clothes. The only drag was having to take off the tail bag when I gassed up.

I need to plan another few day getaway. I should have taken more pics. View attachment 5380

How did you park the bike standing up like that? LOL You should edit the post and rotate the picture... or we can all just turn our monitors sideways

sounds like a nice ride. Did you by any chance check your milage on this trip? I'd be curious what it was considering the upper 70's speeds. I know somewhere between 60 and 75 mileage starts taking a big hit but I haven't found that spot yet.

thanks for the ride report

You must have been visiting relatives. I understand at my age, that's where all of my relatives are also. Every ride is a good ride, and it just gets better..
Take any idea and make it a ride. Idea=Ride. Rides=Fun. So it's a good idea to ride just for the fun of it.

Someone wanted the picture rotated, so here I did it for you.

Graveyard.jpg

Last edited:
How did you park the bike standing up like that? LOL You should edit the post and rotate the picture... or we can all just turn our monitors sideways

sounds like a nice ride. Did you by any chance check your milage on this trip? I'd be curious what it was considering the upper 70's speeds. I know somewhere between 60 and 75 mileage starts taking a big hit but I haven't found that spot yet.
thanks for the ride report
still trying to figure out how to rotate the pic!! I'll get it someday!

You must have been visiting relatives. I understand at my age, that's where all of my relatives are also. Every ride is a good ride, and it just gets better..
Take any idea and make it a ride. Idea=Ride. Rides=Fun. So it's a good idea to ride just for the fun of it.

Someone wanted the picture rotated, so here I did it for you.

View attachment 5381
thanks for doing that! How did you do that!

Yeah, I did go and visit relatives and went to places where they used to live.

Save the picture you want to post to your computer. Use Microsoft paint that comes with most computers, and open picture. Use rotation button to rotate and resize button to make the size you want. Then resave the way you want it. Simple and usually free!

Back