• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Footpeg replacement on the cheap

I've installed both of the sets of foot pegs I posted a link to (I can't make them a functioning link and add any other text?) They were both more comfortable then factory and just as sturdy, both got delivered in a couple days after ordering

Rippin:

Did both of those fit without grinding and other adjustments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rippin:

Did both of those fit without grinding and other adjustments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No adjustment necessary, fit perfect right out of the box. I actually reused the cotter pin and other mounting hardware on the first replacement (just preference) but everything fit like it was made for it and they are lighter, the rubber isn't solid so it dampens vibration, I want completely confident in them not breaking with me standing on them and going over lumps or pot holes (I was worried the aluminum would crack or brake) I weigh 230 with my gear on and no problems after 3 months, I now treat them normally and don't worry about it

sale on these in various colors currently:

Honda NC700 S / X 12 13 CNC Touring Front Foot Pegs

touring-front-red-install.jpg

I'm in the market for some wider pegs... just seeing if anyone has found anything better (and not $) than the KLR650 Krator pegs. I'm concerned them mounting higher than the stock ones.

Like these
Krator Honda / Kawasaki Motocross MX Black Foot Pegs - CRF50F, CRF100F, XR70R, XCRF100F, KLR650 and More! (1985-2013) Dirtbike Foot Rest Stomper Footpegs Amazon.com: Krator Honda / Kawasaki Motocross MX Black Foot Pegs - CRF50F, CRF100F, XR70R, XCRF100F, KLR650 and More! (1985-2013) Dirtbike Foot Rest Stomper Footpegs: Automotive
$15
Not sure how easy they would be to mount because I haven't tried them but at worst it looks like a little grinding and possible drill the center hole a little larger and they should fit just fine.

Edit: you said wider not sure if you mean thicker or longer but these are only 3"long factory are about 4" so they are thicker but shorter

Last edited:
Those are are the ones I just ordered. ;-)
From a previous post you just need to grind off the top bump (so them move up) otherwise they are plug and play.

I'll report back after I install them.

Just got these in the mail, ground the top bump off (so they flip up), and installed them.... They are tall!! I don't know yet if they are bad... just different. I'll give them a few weeks (I have 8k miles of muscle memory I may need to work out). I'll will say... having a wider footpeg is AWESOME!!!! So I'll need to figure out something. I also need to measure b4 and after height to see how much I'm fussing over for $13.

I was able to use the original pins and springs so they function as they should.
They also don't have any vibration... they are heavy and soak up anything that the the original rubber tops would have helped with.

Some pics...
20170724_084728.jpg

20170724_084734.jpg

20170724_084718.jpg

Replying to my own post? OK. :p

Honda Stock pegs - $$$ - dimensions 1" x 3.5"
Someone else accurately described them... Canary perches.

Amazon Krator Pegs - $14 - dimensions 2" x 3"
Amazon.com: Krator Honda / Kawasaki Motocross MX Black Foot Pegs - CRF50F, CRF100F, XR70R, XCRF100F, KLR650 and More! (1985-2013) Dirtbike Foot Rest Stomper Footpegs: Automotive
Just got back from a 1600 mile trip... and the KLR Krator pegs get a _meh_ from me.
Here's the story... if you stand up on them... they are AWESOME! You feel like you are physically attached to the bike. You feel planted and the bike moves with you. They are heavy so vibration is minimal, if not less than the stock pegs, down the hwy. HOWEVER! Because they are "square" at the top... when your legs are in their natural riding position... your feet are at a 45* angle on the pegs. Basically, you have the edge of the pegs digging into your boot. Bad? Not horrible. But it's not as confortable as the rounded stock pegs (IMHO). They are exactly 1/2" taller than the stock pegs so that messes up riding triangle is annoying. However... you can grind down the top spikes a 1/16" w/o affecting traction plus remove the bottom backside (picture below) and they will slide down the 1/2" where the stock ones are located. Hard to do? Nope. But still, some mods are necessary to make them work. Also an observation... they are also a little bit slippery when wet.

eBay New Front Foot Pegs $10 - dimensions 1.5" x 3":
New Front Footrest Foot pegs For HONDA CBR500 CBR500R 2013-2017 2014 2015 2016 | eBay
These are 1/2" wider than stock (NICE!), only cost $10, Solid built, more rubber, same riding height as stock pegs, not slippery when wet, and best of all they just slap on. Just pull the olds ones off and put the new ones on. That's in... DONE!
I'd say if you are looking for a little bit wider pegs and don't want to spend $180... get these!

20170825_103629.jpg

20170825_104041.jpg

That's all... I'm off to ride some more! :D

Replying to my own post? OK. :p

eBay New Front Foot Pegs $10 - dimensions 1.5" x 3":
New Front Footrest Foot pegs For HONDA CBR500 CBR500R 2013-2017 2014 2015 2016 | eBay
These are 1/2" wider than stock (NICE!), only cost $10, Solid built, more rubber, same riding height as stock pegs, not slippery when wet, and best of all they just slap on. Just pull the olds ones off and put the new ones on. That's in... DONE!
I'd say if you are looking for a little bit wider pegs and don't want to spend $180... get these!

I just received these.......thanks for the Link, Bunny!!! They are wider than OEM's. ha ha.......they look "identical" to my OEM CB500X Pegs. If someone is looking for a REALLY Wide street Peg, find a set of used Goldwing GL1800 OEM Pegs. I have them on my Vstrom 650........and they will fit my CB500X as well. I am sure they will fit the 700X too. Much wider, and maybe 1/4" lower. The trick is finding a nice used pair for under $50. There are new China knock-offs for $48 or so on Ebay........I would go with those if buying another pair for myself.

so do those eBay footpads require any grinding to rotate up, or are they truly good to go out of the box? Seems like any non-OEM pegs need some grinding.

so do those eBay footpads require any grinding to rotate up, or are they truly good to go out of the box? Seems like any non-OEM pegs need some grinding.

I just installed mine (Ebay pegs)......hardest part is removing the OEM corroded tiny cotter pin. You will need to re-use the OEM return spring as the new ones do not have the "tab" turned the correct direction to grab the bracket.......a minor annouance. The new peg does flip up, but not as freely as the OEM. The new pegs use a circlip instead of cotter pin......but you could re-use the old pin with a cotter if that is your preference. All in all, a cheap ($11) and successful farkle....!!!!

NOTE: new peg rubber is thicker, and sits higher than OEM pegs.......and the new ones weigh more (ounces here).

EDIT: I did have to grind down the left peg assembly for it to fold up correctly. You are correct on this one, GregC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed these on my bike last night. I had snapped the right one off (I had bent it a couple of years ago dropping the bike leaving parking lot-someone ran a red light and hard brake-dumped bike) trying to straighten the bent peg.
They fit right out of the box but the left one folds up a little but the right one doesn't fold at all; a little grinding would probably alleviate the issue but to me, no biggee, if I get that low, I am sliding along the road anyways-not a knee scraper-don't need them to fold up any. Got them for $10 including shipping from fleabay. They are the same length as oem pegs but are wider. Not able to test yet as front tire is off bike for a new shoe-got to get bike ready for KSL9!!! These are the ones ncbunny and motokafe posted for the cbr500 with rubber pads.

Last edited:
Back