• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Forum Lurkers

What really frosts me is when people join to ask help with a particular problem, receive all kinds of advice but then you never hear from them again to find out if or how they resolved their issue. I need closure darn it!!!

I am the exact same way. It's frustrating to search the net, you see people with similar issues only to see "problem fixed, thanks" and nothing else. I created my youtube channel to cure this. Right now, I got to get back to a jeep issue that's bugging the heck out of me. Back to my corner of the internet I go :)

Originally Posted by Harald
I've been on numerous forums over the years and have seen many users that sign up to get help with a problem and then they disappear. It's really annoying when they don't even come back to report how their problem turned out. But I guess that's the definition of selfish behaviour - "I got mine and I don't care about you."

Originally Posted by Silverhound
Wow, I just posted almost the exact same sentiment (above) before reading your post. Harald this is getting weird. You and I ride the same bike, we both got our wives the same bike and joined the forum for the same reason.

Reply by Harald
Yea, but you live on the wrong side of the country! ;) (I had to find something different about us or it would get too creepy - ha ha)

BTW, excuse the odd quoting but my computer refused to allow me to "reply with quote" so I had to resort to alternate methods.

I'm not saying they are antisocial or it's bad or anything heehee, but my curiousity is piqued by folks who have been members for years, that never post, or maaaaaybe once a year, but you always see their name as "online".

I am anti social, but I usually check in every day and see whats going on.

So........................ HOWDY!!!!

(antisocial) RobN

I'm not saying they are antisocial or it's bad or anything heehee, but my curiousity is piqued by folks who have been members for years, that never post, or maaaaaybe once a year, but you always see their name as "online".

I am anti social, but I usually check in every day and see whats going on.

So........................ HOWDY!!!!

(antisocial) RobN

Pleasure to make your aquaintance, antisocial RobN! :eek: ;)

I've been on numerous forums over the years and have seen many users that sign up to get help with a problem and then they disappear. It's really annoying when they don't even come back to report how their problem turned out. But I guess that's the definition of selfish behaviour - "I got mine and I don't care about you."

It's a forum. You are not married to it nor are you required to stay.

Some forum software allows purging of inactive members but most Admins will not do so in order to maintain a high user count.
:p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I dont want to be ungrateful. This forum has loads of useful infos on motorcycle and motorcycling, especially on NC. Thanks to those who has posted those helpful infos.

I just want to say that this is a social forum and people give help voluntarily. Reward from others can not be expected, even a "thank you" (I just cant understand why some don't say thanks after got help. It costs nothing man, but it makes a difference). However, in my book, when you help others, you are off a better man and that's the real fulfilling reward.

I am now less posting because it's just a lovely weather out here. Sorry for those northern hemisphere dwellers. :p
It's a good time to put more kms on my NC. Like that old cowboy (in his case, riding and age don't seem to be related... lool) saying: "Shut the frunk up and ride!". :D

PS: I'm still lurking this forum because it keeps my riding spirit up (amid hectic days at work).

That is true. People don't have to interact. People don't have to be themselves either. Some people are much more outspoken and aggressive on the internet than they would be in person. I'm glad I spoke up though because I met a couple of the riders on the forum and I enjoyed meeting them.

One of my favorite "internet" cartoons

180px-Dutycalls.png

Howdy!! I have to agree with JoeTx. I just recently joined and am still trying to figure things out. Get to know you all better. So far I find a lot of the material I read to be far more interesting than the new book I just picked up.

Although remember folks, I wasn't calling out lurkers, or trying to shed a poor light on them, merely curious as to how they could contain themselves with less than say, 5 posts, over the course of sometimes several *years* worth of daily showing up, as their log in appearance shows. :D

To each their own, lord knows I bet a lot of people wish I would lurk too, lol

Back