• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Found my NC700X!!!!!

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
FINALLY found just the right NC today. Private owner 2012 with 640 miles on it! It has the Honda Center stand and Yoshimura R-77 exhaust that sounds AWESOME!!!!!! I negotiated $5,500 so I'm pleased with the price. The bike rides way better than the reviews I've been reading.

First order of business is luggage. I want hard bags(saddle and top box). Is the Honda stuff the way to go or is Givi just as good? Who sells the Honda stuff at the best prices?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Congratulations!

Givi or any of the other aftermarket suppliers will give you more variety of selection and the ability to continue using the bags on other bikes if/when you change rides in the future. The Honda bags give you one choice and fit no other bike (that I know of, anyway).

I have the Honda hard top case. If I had done more research before buying I would have went with another aftermarket brand. Givi is cool, because you can add lights easily to some models of cases, for an extra charge of course. But Honda's you can't, unless you figure it out yourself and modify the cases. With some of Givi's luggage it's an option, one I personally would like had I not already committed to the Honda case. Also with the Honda luggage you have to cut some of the plastic on the bike to mount the rear carrier. No other aftermarket ones that I've seen make you do that.

Sweet deal, $500 off the asking price...well done indeed. Ride her safe and check out madstad windscreen in dade city, discount for cash plus if you get screen ask for clear plastic instead of metal base plate. Like mine a lot.

Good deal indeed, and glad to hear you like the ride!

Welcome from Utah!

Lots of options for bags.. Givi has a bunch of different sizes, and the OEM's aren't that much more money. They fit nice and tight keeping a narrow profile, the hardware mounts are discrete, and they can be keyed off the ignition key, but they are a little on the smaller size, 29 liters per bag I believe. They're probably made by Givi, FWIW. Best prices I've found are at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, and Procaliber.com. Both seem to discount OEM parts at around 20%. I went with SW Motech Evo side racks and their Alu Rack rear rack. Bit more than Givi racks/mounts but super solid. The benefit is I could go with Bags-Connection's Aero bags (semi rigid nylon covered zip up bags, 32 liters per bag) that run a fair bit cheaper than the plastic cases. They're lighter, look great, but are not totally waterproof (but they come with waterproof liner bags).

Steve

Good luck with your NC. I just installed Givi Trekkers. Real easy install, plenty of space (image.jpg33 liter side cases and 46 top).

Thanks for all the messages guys! I've looking forward to setting this NC up and enjoying many miles. Below is my schedule of mods(it already has the exhaust and center-stand):

1) Hard luggage(Saddlebags and top box)
2) Nice big windshield
3)Throttle lock
4)GPS

First big trip in July.....Two weeks in Nova Scotia...Cannot wait!

Good luck with your NC. I just installed Givi Trekkers. Real easy install, plenty of space (33 liter side cases and 46 top).

I put the Honda top box on but if I had to do it again, I'd probably go with the Trekkers and probably will for the side bags when I get around to it.

Its home!

Finally brought her home tonight!!! What a great bike! Its only official when there is a photo right?

Craig

Attachments

• IMG-20130606-00289 (2).jpg
    IMG-20130606-00289 (2).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 162
Nice one.

How's that Yoshi sound?

It sounds great! For reference, I just sold an SV1000S that had an aftermarket exhaust and I thought the little NC engine would be silly in comparison but in actuality it sounds fantastic. Surely not breathtaking like the SV/Ducati sound but the Yoshi/NC has a nice deep mellow tone when you goose it from idle yet when running at speed is not overwhelming or annoying. Highly recommended.

Craig

Thanks, I'm gonna go for LV Evo II Carbon, but after a while when I'll enjoy stock exhaust. It shouldn't take long I suppose... :D

But it's good to know you're liking Yoshi. That was no.3 on my list (behind Akrapović).

Back