• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Found some loose cables and don't know what they're for!

kevicon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I finally after 3+ weeks was able to actually get a nice ride in today on my new NC700x and when I got home and parked it in the garage I noticed some loose cables that just slide right off the metal that sticks out from clutch and brake levers. Both sides were off completely but I've never actually noticed them until today. What are they used for? They are covered by rubber L-shaped tubes

Image.jpg

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 133
Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I finally after 3+ weeks was able to actually get a nice ride in today on my new NC700x and when I got home and parked it in the garage I noticed some loose cables that just slide right off the metal that sticks out from clutch and brake levers. Both sides were off completely but I've never actually noticed them until today. What are they used for? They are covered by rubber L-shaped tubes

View attachment 5575

Those are your circuit completers for activating your brake light and clutch interlock circuits.

If the two on the brake lever side are undone (or even just one) that means if you brake with only the front brake, your brake light won't come on.

If the clutch side were not connected, then you shouldn't have been able to start your bike...

I'm thinking the clutch side were actually connected, but maybe just loose.

Good answer from L.B.S. To add to it, the clutch side switch is only used to prevent you from starting the bike if your manual NCX is in gear. If the bike is in neutral, then you can start it with those clutch cable disconnected.

On mine, all those 4 cables were loose from factory. I had to crush the connectors with plyers and put them back in for a tight fit.

Those are your circuit completers for activating your brake light and clutch interlock circuits.

If the two on the brake lever side are undone (or even just one) that means if you brake with only the front brake, your brake light won't come on.

If the clutch side were not connected, then you shouldn't have been able to start your bike...

I'm thinking the clutch side were actually connected, but maybe just loose.

Good answer from L.B.S. To add to it, the clutch side switch is only used to prevent you from starting the bike if your manual NCX is in gear. If the bike is in neutral, then you can start it with those clutch cable disconnected.

On mine, all those 4 cables were loose from factory. I had to crush the connectors with plyers and put them back in for a tight fit.

Thanks guys! I'm assuming these should be a somewhat snug fit and not just literally slide right off. I will tighten them up and put them back on like FrankQC

Back