• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Free beer bonanza at the only traffic light in my hometown on highway M65.

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
**I copied this from my post on Facebook. This may be an indication that I am
experiencing some NC withdrawal. But then again, i'd've done the same thing
if I was on my NC**

Free beer bonanza today at the traffic light in Hale!

I was headed to Kochers (local grocery store) when I stopped for the light and noticed many beer cans strewn throughout the intersection. At first I assumed they were "empties" and had blown out of the back ot someone's truck. A closer look revealed some...-No! many were still full!

"How did this happen?" I thought briefly, but then I realized "Who cares? Its time to act!" I quickly pulled into the Marathon station and headed for the suds in need of rescue.

Time was of the essence. Many of the beers had already fallen prey to the callous tires of unfocused drivers. It was like doing triage in a disaster area. Which ones were still viable? That one looks full, but does it have a pinhole rendering it unfit for rescue? Then there were the ones that were squashed flat...their sudsy contents laid out, -already frozen on the cold pavement in a v-pattern. There was nothing I could do for these misfortunates.

I tried to keep an eye on traffic as I made my hasty assessment of each prospective can. After I had done all I could, I headed back to my truck, pockets full of beer. I'm enjoying some now as I type

Had a similar experience many years ago when I lived in NW Iowa. I rode my 10 speed (yep, no motorcycle in those years) out of town to the local swimming hole early on the morning following the 4th of July. As I rode into the area where the swimming hole was located I noticed a lot of litter scattered all around. On closer inspection it was beer bottles and cans in various stages emptiness, and a large stash of unopened ones just laying in plain sight. It soon became obvious that a large party of underage teens from several of the small towns around had met at the swimming hole for a party, and right in the middle of the festivities the local law arrived. The kids scattered and left all the "evidence" behind. Since I couldn't carry anything on my 10 speed, I was thinking of riding back to town to get the car when the local law arrived again with a sanitation crew in tow. As I rode back to town empty handed I consoled myself with the thought that it probably would not have been good for one of the town's two pastors coming into town with a trunk load of booze!

Back