• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Free GP shift mod

tooblekain

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI,

For those of you that ride GP Shift (aka reverse pattern shifting which is 5 down, 1 up) you can easily make the bike GP shift. You just have to remove the front sprocket cover and just flip the knuckle. I will post a picture of this when I get home later.

The reason I did this is because my girlfriend is used to riding GP shift (since her race bike is set up that way).

I think this may be something I would like to do, as I have caught the tip of my boot on the hwy many times....Please post your pics...outcome from this project....

I think this may be something I would like to do, as I have caught the tip of my boot on the hwy many times....Please post your pics...outcome from this project....

It really is quite easy. Took less than 5 minutes to complete. Take off the front sprocket cover by loosening the two bolts holding it. As a precaution we zip tied the wires that were above the front sprocket and secured them higher to minimize the risk of the wires contacting the chain and sprocket and shorting the bike. Just loosen the knuckle, flip it 180 degrees and then tighten the knuckle tension bolt

Here is a pic of the final result

First Mod GP Shift.jpg

Back